Dr. Donna Canlas Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Donna Canlas?

Binge Eating Disorder

Have you seen Dr. Donna Canlas?

• Good
  • Bad
  • Good
  • Bad

March 31st, 2017

First of all she never put her physical hand on me for any assessment:listen to my heart, check breathing, check for lymph nodes or even look at my throat, after she said she was gonna listen to my heart she never did. But she was quick to right orders for me to have a "SLEEP STUDY" done, but WHY just because she asked me how I slept at night, and did I snore. I didn't come to you for no sleep I come for other things, I must say she did order an ultrasound which was good, mind you I had this all done in Oct of 2016 and needless to say I haven't heard anything from that, other than a bill, no results though. So I decided to call and see if I could get any answers but to no avail nothing. I started calling about the end of Jan no answer ok then I called again in Feb finally someone answered the phone and put me on hold for what seemed like forever. I finally hung up and called right back just to hear " WE ARE IN THE PROCESS OF MOVING AND I'M NOT ABLE TO PULL UP ANYTHING TO TELL YOU. BUT CALL BACK IN MARCH" well it's almost April I wonder are settled in now as to where I'll be able to get results. Needless to say I'm not satisfied at all. Oh and another thing I have NOT received a letter as of yet letting me know that she has moved......SMH..

October 27th, 2015

Dr. Is very caring. No wait. Great staff! No complaints.

December 30th, 2013

Exhausted Patient

Waiting for more than four hours and still counting is unacceptable. I had an appointment scheduled but apparently ten other patients were scheduled at the same time.

January 31st, 2013

Rude and Unprofessional Office Staff!

I was shocked by how rudely I was treated by her front office staff! Dr. Canlas is a great doctor, but it's a shame that I will never return to her office because of her unprofessional staff. They were confrontational, uninformed, and bullied every patient in the lobby. Each person there had a complaint or an anecdote regarding a bad experience with them. The Office Manager was no help; she failed to address my complaint beyond robotic and rehearsed answers (I guess she gets a lot of them). Amazingly, the two-hour wait time is the least of my complaints. Dr. Canlas should re-evaluate her poorly trained staff of loudmouthed bullies.

October 29th, 2010

Trial and Error is a good description, but Jumping to conclusions is better.

She is very monotone, which makes her appear to care less, but jumping to conclusions is really upsetting. I personally was prescribed medication without explanation as to what it was for. I came there for heart palpitations and high blood pressure and ended up leaving with anti-psychotic medications. UH WHAT??? Now I feel like someone that does not drink alcohol being accused of being an alcoholic... "I don't have a problem with alcohol." (denial) "Why are you getting upset with me questioning you about your alcoholism?" (defensive). A doctor that jumps to conclusions then puts you on the defensive cause she is feeling defensive...Now my fear is what damage she can do to my insurance in the future. If you have medical issues that are straight forward... she is probably a good doctor...otherwise why in the world is a Family Practitioner prescribing Anti-Psychotic medications BEFORE recommending a Psychiatrist or Psychologist to perform an evaluation? After I was informed of my diagnosis 2 days after the visit She asked me if I have seen a Psychiatrist. Does this help to describe a doctor who jumps to conclusions based on very limited time with patients? Great Doctor if you want a snap judgement of your condition.

February 16th, 2010

Patient

I was not very pleased with the care I received and was disappointed by the indifferent behavior from the doctor.She did not listen to me consistently and took a trial and error approach to my treatment.All of this was in addition to having to wait in excess of 30-40 minutes each visit.

May 18th, 2017