Dr. Donna Ehlers Is this you?

Neutral

Have you seen Dr. Donna Ehlers?

April 30th, 2015

Very scary and life threatening experience.

I saw Dr. Ehlers for help dealing with job stress. I came to realize me preferring prescribing medications to doing therapy very quickly. I began developing side effects soon after taking prescribed SSRI and Benzo that she recommended. During this time it was very difficult to get an appointment (6 weeks) or receive return emails (does not call patients). During one session, she explained I was one of 300 patients, so I had to be understanding of appointment and response delays. She lack empathy, which was very humbling and embarrassing for a man in his 30s. The side effect from the medications grew so severe I was admitted to the ER, because I was at risk of having a seizure. My primary care noticed medication error after hearing from ER and helped me safely come off medications over 6 months. It seems she never communicated with my primary care as I had asked. Very scary and life threatening experience. Never took medications prior to seeing her and will never again.

November 10th, 2014

I was assigned this physician by Kaiser. I expressed that I was having severe anxiety from work. She prescribed me an antidepressant after seeing me for 20 minutes. I questioned the prescription and was told the antidepressant would relieve anxiety. My anxiety grew severely worse within days. I shared this with her and my therapist. She explained I needed a higher dose and prescribed me double the initial dose. I had the scariest and most severe anxiety attack a week later at a therapy appointment. The therapist advised to get to ER asap, because he was very concerned about my health. ER doctor explained antidepressants are known to cause anxiety. I shared this with Dr. Ehlers, but she seemed offended I questioned her prescribing me unnecessary medication. She cut my appointment short, while explaining she had over 300 patients. I ended up going to a non-Kaiser physician to help get off antidepressant. The Kaiser nurses in ER that Dr. Ehlers has reputation of prescribing medications as a solution to patients rather than talk therapy. I would recommend asking nurses, staff or other Kaiser physicians for good physician.

July 5th, 2017