A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Donna Ferriero:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
be the first!
Specialties & Research
Dr. Donna Ferriero, MD is board certified in Neurology with Special Qualifications in Child Neurology.
- She has special expertise in 23 areas:
- Bacterial Meningitis
- Brain Disorder
- Brain Hypoxia-Ischemia
- Brain Injuries
- Brain Ischemia
- Cerebral Palsy
- Chronic Brain Injury
- Developmental Disorders
- Electroencephalography (EEG)
- Fetal Diseases
- Intracerebral Hemorrhage (Bleeding In The Brain)
- Middle Cerebral Artery Infarction
- Movement Disorders
- Persistent Vegetative State
- Pregnancy Complications
- Prenatal Exposure Delayed Effects
- Seizure Disorders
- Strep Infection (Streptococcal Infections)
- > Show all expertise
Education & Awards
Dr. Ferriero graduated from University of California at San Francisco. She has 7 awards.
Dr. Ferriero has 7 hospital affiliations:
- John Muir Medical Center, Walnut Creek Campus
- UCSF Medical Center / Moffitt-Long Hospitals
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Ferriero accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- Blue Shield of California - 3 plans
- Great-West Healthcare - 2 plans
- Alameda Alliance for Health - 2 plans
- Anthem Blue Cross - 2 plans
- Humana - 6 plans
- Cigna - 2 plans
- United Healthcare - 12 plans
- Unicare - 2 plans
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Illinois - 1 plan
- Health Plan of San Joaquin - 4 plans
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Where does Dr. Donna M. Ferriero practice?
Dr. Donna Ferriero practices Neurology with Special Qualifications in Child Neurology near San Francisco, CA.
See San Francisco Neurologists.