inactive

Donna A Kono MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

2.9

December 11th, 2015
Dr. Joni criticized my life choices and terribly rude to me. Never going back!

December 25th, 2013
Very Friendly.
I've had many visit with Dr. Kono at the UC Davis Health Center. Whenever I need shots for hospital volunteering, she is there to help. I've learned a lot about her and I am sure she knows who I am. She really is such a wonderful woman and knows her stuff. Would highly recommend to my friends. I always tell my friends to see Dr. Kono when they are scheduling for a check-up.

July 9th, 2012
Simply excellent!

March 12th, 2012
We love Dr. Kono!
I rarely review things online, but I had to write something about Dr. Kono! I see her under the UCD student health insurance and she's by far my favorite doctor. My visits are usually pretty quick, but she's always very friendly and helpful. I had another doctor at the UCD student health center before I started seeing Kono who had a real judgmental vibe, and I dreaded going in to see her. Kono is always really nice and knows how to talk to college students like we're people. My friend sees her also and we always recommend her to our other friends.

April 15th, 2011
Why so many bad reviews?
I had a very pleasant experience with Dr Kono. Granted, she is quirky, however I did not find her condescending and arrogant like some other doctors I have seen at UC Davis Student Health. She took time to listen to my issues and was frank and straight-up with her advice, which I appreciated. I understand how busy doctors at the student health clinic can be, and in light of this I admire how relaxed and supportive she was during the consultation. Her dry sense of humor brought a smile to my face. I would thoroughly recommend her to my friends and family.

January 28th, 2011
Are you kidding me? Waving your finger in front of me to stop asking questions? My bad for taking an extra minute of your time.

January 8th, 2011
A Truly Terrible Doctor
I would not recommend Dr. Donna Kono to anyone. This doctor is arrogant, condenscending and uncaring. She was dismissive and cold during the entire visit. UC Davis should be ashamed that they are affiliated with this doctor.

November 20th, 2010
If there was lower than 1 star
If I was able to select zero stars for Dr. Kono's bedside manner and communication skills, I would. She's impatient, condescending and all in all, unpleasant and unprofessional in terms of what one looks for in a physician. I would not recommend her.

September 23rd, 2008
Intelligent but impatient and somewhat insensitive
I have seen Dr. Kono several times, and until recently, found her to be somewhat practical and quirky. However, recently I have had more serious health problems, and she has demonstrated extremely poor interpersonal skills. She appears to care very little about answering my questions and though she talks a great deal about medicine, she tends to spend far too much time discussing irrelevant details in an unintelligible jargon at the expense of addressing my particular case and my personal concerns.