Dr. Donna Wicker MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

3.6

July 26th, 2016
Good Doctor but not impressed by Sentara
Ive switched to a female OB after years of seeing male OB's. Dr Wicker has always been very nice and personable. I've never had any issues with her staff or her. I've encountered one billing issue with the office after it was taken over by Sentara, but felt making a huge issue out of it wasn't worth it the cost. With Sentara now running the show, I would recommend that you watch the billing charges. If you mention a stomach ache your insurance will get charged for a stomach pain diagnosis which is what happened to me. A mild stomach upset mentioned in passing as in how are you feeling? does not support an ICD charge/and diagnosis of stomach pain in my opinion. That tells me that it's corporate greed. I liked "Pratt" much better

June 18th, 2015
Dr Wicker is great but sometimes it's hard to get in because her staff doesn't answer the phone.

March 18th, 2015
Best OBGYN in Fredericksburg
I had gone through three different OBGYN's during my pregnancy. I was terrified I was going to be forced to settle for a mediocre doctor who didn't care about me or my daughter. I was beyond greatful when Dr. Wicker accepted me as a patient so late in my pregnancy. She was amazing, caring, attentive, she answered my slue of questions with ease, Dr. Wicker was my saving grace during my very scary and stressful high riskrisk pregnancy. She is the reason my daughter made it into this world period, she saw what 3 other doctors failed to. She talked about her children in school and her husband who is a doctor as well, she even made my daughter a beautiful baby blanket. Dr. Wicker and her nurses are by far the best in the area.

January 8th, 2015
Would not recommend
I would not recommend DR Wicker. She is not focused on her patients. She handled my pregnancy and she does not listen. She is also not up to date and tries to push you into things even when you tell her several times it's not what you want. I was too late in my pregnancy to switch doctors but I was scared for her to deliver my baby because I did not trust her. Thank God for the nurses who were in the delivery room! I have switched doctors and would not go back to Dr Wicker.

January 27th, 2012
would not recommend--very bad memories
I am not a hard person to please, and I found her to have a terrible bedside manner. She was totally uncaring and downright rude and hurtful, and not much of a doctor, in my opinion. I lost my chosen OB (who was great) when 7 mo pregnant, and was pushed off on her and boy did I live to regret it. Needless to say, I did not even go back to her after I delivered. After my experiences with her, I am now very mistrustful of all doctors. Beware.

November 23rd, 2011
She is personal and takes time to explain things.

November 22nd, 2010
great docotor
I have been going to Dr. Wicker for over 8 years. She delievered my second child and soon to be third. She always recognizes me and speaks, and remembers my name. She is very personal and seems to care. Dr. Wicker always takes my knowledge as a nurse into consideration and values my own opinion and input into my situation. She speaks about her own daughters, family, and plans as if you were her friend. Couldn't ask for a better doctor.

September 21st, 2010
rude and arrogant
Dr Wicker is so full of herself, for what reason, I don't know, she is rude and not up on current medical information that is basic to health care, I learned the hard way through a bad experience with her, I was able to switch doctors and now I am ok, but just barely, please go elsewhere, the sign of a good doctor is compassion and humility, don't make the same mistake I made, there are too many kind doctors out there to put up with ones like this who clearly have personality problems.

December 1st, 2009
I love Dr. Wicker. I have been seeing her for approximately 15 years. I had a serious medical problem last year and Dr. Wicker fully explained several options from which to choose to correct the problem. I ended up having surgery and I am now 100% better, thanks to her knowledge and care. She is gentle and has a wonderful bedside manner. She is an excellent surgeon. I like that she takes time to answer all of my questions and doesn't try to herd me through her office like cattle (which I experienced prior to being her patient).

November 14th, 2009
Dr wicker is good,she has knowledge but staff and nurses has no knowledge,need better staff

May 20th, 2009
worst experience to date
Went in for second pregnancy. The midwife Terri and Dr. Wicker were the ones who were supposed to be taking care of me and my baby. They both have horrible bedside manners and are so overwhelmed with patients that they could care less about any one patient. They made me feel horrible during this wonderful time and I felt like I could not go to them with any problems, let alone trust them. I've never experienced anything like I did at this office. My advice would be to stay away and keep looking for another doctor. All they will provide is frustration and worry.

March 22nd, 2009
Excellent Doctor
I have been a patient of Dr. Wicker's for about 15 years and have had no problems with my care. She is a very caring doctor. I would recommend her for anyone needing a GYN.