Dr. Dora Pita-Acevedo Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Dora Pita-Acevedo?

October 25th, 2014

Did NOT help; seemed not to care; moody.

Staff seemed somewhat clueless and lazy.

June 6th, 2013

My wife and I could not be any happier with Dr. Acevedo. My wife first knew her as a co-worker before she knew her as her primary care physician. Since she is affiliated with the hospital, and is in a group, any problems of staffing, and other things not related to her care are irrelevant, and should not reflect on her practice as a physician. In all my dealings with the staff, they are uniformly pleasant. We are happy to know dr Acevedo both as a friend and a caring physician

November 16th, 2012

Carys Cooke~Newcomb

We are transplants to the FLX,NY, and also a (ret)USMC military family, and therefor accustomed to new doctors. I am a 51 yr old early retired teacher whom came to Dr. Dora(she has a long last name, and seems ok w/ Dr.Dora!)a few years ago, I KNEW, after 5 minutes with her, that she would be my favorite Dr. of ANY KIND, from anywhere. She has the art of LISTENING down cold; her empathy is evident in EVERYTHING she does, she has, and USES, a dear sense of humor; something I have only encountered ONCE, in a dentist, long ago. She is frank,thorough, but always considerate as to how information might affect her patient; She is careful about prescribing~ always checking charts for allergies/issues BEFORE writing precriptions; she is compassionate, and accomodating, something I really appreciate because I have a seizure disorder and am not allowed to drive. She has chosen a staff so carefully, that, TO A MAN OR WOMAN, have the same GREAT qualities she values and employs. On more than one occasion Dr. Dora has gone to the MAT for my family and me. Including writing letters to the courts attesting to the physical assaults, injuries and emotional danger being caused by a truly dishonest, dangerous lanlord (female, Geneva,NY,DDi) I am happy to provide my perception of Dr. Dora and her staff, and often joke that once I DO, I'll never get an APPOINTMENT!:) Oh, last thing: in over 2 years and DOZENS of appointments, I have NEVER waited longer than 120 SECONDS!I swear !

February 9th, 2011

Problems with one staff member who continually made errors, was rude, made numerous errors when taking messages and prescription refills. I had discussed this with Dr. Acevedo and she listened , but nothing was done. The doctor also have made errors during my visits, unprepared, failure to do vitals and to make follow-up appointments. Due to an error on the part of a receptionist who made me an appointment for this past Thanksgiving Day, I was cut off from my refill for Fentynal Patches which I had been on for more than a year. This decision was made because my new appointment was for 2 and a half weeks later which was not my fault. For this she put me in full withdrawal. I ended up in the ER over this decision. She has also made refferences that I and my husband (also a patient) were drug seekers and passed it on to my other doctors (specialists). Because of this I stopped ALL medications to prove I am not or ever was a "drug seeker". I am now suffering through the results and trying to find a new physician to help me. This however is difficult when these accusations are in my file. She is not the doctor who originally diagnosised my medical illness , but continued the treatment I was previously on. Prescribing a medication for a patient and then referring to them as a drug seekers when they need refills and are denied for trivial reasons in mid treatment to me is wrong and dangerous. This should be discussed with the patient before hand and narcotics should not be stopped abruptly. This was both unprofessional and dangerous. In turn my health and progress has suffered greatly. A doctors oath should include not perscribing these types of meds if they are not an adequate solution, and if they are perscribed , to monitor their patients when they stop providing the medication. Withdrawal is not fun and can be dangerous. Look it up.

October 4th, 2017