Dr. Dorcas Mclennan MD Patient Reviews

3.8

December 16th, 2015
I've been a patient of Dr. McLennon's for nearly 25 years. When she moved, I continued to be her patient because I've never trusted anyone more with my well being. She's a great Dr.

July 19th, 2015
RUDE
Horrible visit with this doctor. VERY RUDE INDEED

August 17th, 2013
Very practical and grounded physician. Created a comfort level I've not had with other surgeons. Felt at ease asking "if something is going to go wrong, what will it be" type of question, and received a very reasonable answer, as well as a plan should something of that nature occur. Surgical outcome was very good. Have recommended Dr. McLennan to both friends and family.

July 31st, 2013
I could have died.
Dr. Dorcas McLennan was my Ob/Gyn while pregnant in 2012. My blood pressure was abnormally high compared to what it usually is. I have really low blood pressure normally. I kept relaying to her that it was concerning me and she insisted it was in the normal range and everything was fine. I told her my sister died from preeclampsia and that I was afraid I could have it. She ordered a quick blood test (not the best way to test for it) and cleared me. I went in a week later and she was out of town so I saw a midwife at the clinic. Again my blood pressure was high so I told the midwife my concerns and she ordered a 24 hour urine test. Nobody called me with the results but I knew something was wrong. I finally called the hospital and asked for the doctor on call (Zachary Pollack) who told me he would check the results of my urine test then call me back. He called me back quickly to tell me I had preeclampsia and needed to come in immediately for an emergency c-section. This entire ordeal was traumatizing. Dr. McLennan never came to see me after I had my c-section and I had to ask that she come by my room. I felt this was very unprofessional and it seemed she was avoiding me since she had missed such a big thing that I told her I was worried about repeatedly. I'm still upset over what happened and it's been over a year. I think people should know that she did this.

June 22nd, 2012
Not my usual physician
From the one visit I've had with this doctor I'm coming away with the impression that she has poor bedside manner. She asked some pointed questions about my insurance status (medicaid) and intention to work that made me feel uncomfortable and I'd use the word "cold" to further describe her manner. I'm sure she's a great doctor but she left me feeling rather judged where I have never had the other physicians and staff make me feel that way.

July 18th, 2011
Wonderful Doctor!
I started seeing Dr. McLennan when she was at WFHS in Renton, during my first pregnancy. When my daughter was diagnosed as "incompatible with life," Dr. McLennan took special interest in my case, was extremely supportive and understanding, and was just plain wonderful for the duration of the pregnancy and in the years since. She has seen me through my daughter's birth and death, and two miscarriages as well. I followed her to Swedish, despite the distance, because I know she will give me the best care possible.

November 27th, 2010
Awesome doctor that doesn't talk down to me!
Dr. McLennan is a professional, highly educated, experienced doctor. She's delivered 2 for me both by C section. I love that she is not intimidated by my medical questions. She will take the time to explain and speaks to me as a peer. Her schedule runs pretty much on time (baring an urgent delivery) and she is extremely professional. If you are looking for a doctor that is more therapist or friend than physician, then perhaps Dr. McLennan is not for you. I have found that, for me, she has struck the right balance between caring and professional. I would recommend her to any of my friends seeking a new OB/GYN.

September 25th, 2009
Excellent doctor...very knowledgable and caring.