Geriatric Specialist (elderly care), Psychiatrists

Columbus
39450 W 12 Mile Rd
Novi, MI 48377
248-661-7393
Locations and availability (3)

2.0

|  Would not recommend  |  show details
by Kathy on Aug 20th, 2013

At first I was very impressed, that didn't last long. The staff is the worse ever. Calls are "never" returned. E-mails, message via new computer system never acknowledge. Getting in touch with the Dr. is impossible. Appt was cancelled due to Dr, out of office for meeting, there was no meeting and she was in the office? Staff has a lack of education and people skills. They all need to be replaced with capable people. I will have to look for another Dr. not at all happy. Henry Ford should be embarrassed.

|  Poor Experiences  |  show details
by ConcernedFamilyMember on Jul 28th, 2013

In my opinion, my geriatric family member's experience with Dr. Espiritu and the overall Henry Ford Behavioral Health System is poor. Appointments were available only four months out, and contacting Dr. Espiritu in the meantime was next to impossible. Dr. Espiritu, in my opinion, did not have insight into my family member's issues and only offered more pills. After three visits, I decided to take my family member elsewhere. All of my visits were a waste of time.

|  Avoid this doctor  |  show details
Sep 11th, 2012

Dr. Espiritu cared for my mother, who suffers from severe depression and Alzheimers disease. We had hoped that Dr. Espiritu would be able to find and tweak medications to ease some of my mothers symptoms. I dont know how to sufficiently emphasize what a terrible and frustrating experience we had with this doctor. She was literally impossible to get in touch with or make appointments with. She wouldnt return calls for weeks on end. The office has no back up system, so when she is on vacation (which was constantly), no one would help the patient. Im sure she treats many individuals like my mother who dont have the wherewithal or capability to stand up for themselves. We actually hired a visiting psychiatric nurse as a go between for my mother and Dr. Espiritu but she was equally unresponsive to the nurse. She clearly does not care at all about helping people. As soon as we could find alternate care (there seems to be a shortage of geriatric psychiatrists in this area), we stopped using this doctor. I would strongly recommend against seeing her.

|  Recommend without reservation....  |  show details
Jun 28th, 2011

I have been seeing Dr. Espiritu for more than 5 years and I have been very pleased with her. She is extremely compassionate and even though I only see her for medication management, she always remembers the details of my life that I have shared with her. She is very attentive and does not rush you in and out of the office. She reviews your file to make sure she is as up to date as possible on what other visits you've had within the Henry Ford system. She also gives you choices and informs you of side effects so that you can make an informed decision. I love her :-) The office wait and wait to get an appt can leave a little to be desired, but I attribute that to her being a good Dr.

|  Either she's sadistic or doesn't know her DMSV classifications and symptoms any more.  |  show details
by Trust me, she'll know... on Jul 19th, 2010

I scarcely know where to begin...unless you are looking for a parent who is already half gone to dementia or some other brain crippling disease where misdiagnoses and lack of intuition, compassion or general professionalism is needed...look elsewhere for insight into the HUMAN condition. This one sure didn't get it and actually caused damage although it isn't physically visible. Also pushed a flailing marriage to the brink with her actions. It was TOO EASY getting an appointment for the patient involved and H Ford's whole Behavioral Health System is very "Cuckoo's Nest", at least Kingswood is...Grounds and entryway nice...neighborhood and staff about an equal match...very "institutional"...kept looking for "Nurse Ratchett"...yeah, that little visit helped your patient didn't it? YOU ARE THE REASON people STOP being TREATED for mental illnesses. This is all in my uneducated and unsolicited opinion...just an overall impression.