Dr. Doree Ann Espiritu MD Patient Reviews

3.6
  • 4 reviews

August 20th, 2013
Would not recommend
At first I was very impressed, that didn't last long. The staff is the worse ever. Calls are "never" returned. E-mails, message via new computer system never acknowledge. Getting in touch with the Dr. is impossible. Appt was cancelled due to Dr, out of office for meeting, there was no meeting and she was in the office? Staff has a lack of education and people skills. They all need to be replaced with capable people. I will have to look for another Dr. not at all happy. Henry Ford should be embarrassed.

July 28th, 2013
Poor Experiences
In my opinion, my geriatric family member's experience with Dr. Espiritu and the overall Henry Ford Behavioral Health System is poor. Appointments were available only four months out, and contacting Dr. Espiritu in the meantime was next to impossible. Dr. Espiritu, in my opinion, did not have insight into my family member's issues and only offered more pills. After three visits, I decided to take my family member elsewhere. All of my visits were a waste of time.

September 11th, 2012
Avoid this doctor
Dr. Espiritu cared for my mother, who suffers from severe depression and Alzheimers disease. We had hoped that Dr. Espiritu would be able to find and tweak medications to ease some of my mothers symptoms. I dont know how to sufficiently emphasize what a terrible and frustrating experience we had with this doctor. She was literally impossible to get in touch with or make appointments with. She wouldnt return calls for weeks on end. The office has no back up system, so when she is on vacation (which was constantly), no one would help the patient. Im sure she treats many individuals like my mother who dont have the wherewithal or capability to stand up for themselves. We actually hired a visiting psychiatric nurse as a go between for my mother and Dr. Espiritu but she was equally unresponsive to the nurse. She clearly does not care at all about helping people. As soon as we could find alternate care (there seems to be a shortage of geriatric psychiatrists in this area), we stopped using this doctor. I would strongly recommend against seeing her.

June 28th, 2011
Recommend without reservation....
I have been seeing Dr. Espiritu for more than 5 years and I have been very pleased with her. She is extremely compassionate and even though I only see her for medication management, she always remembers the details of my life that I have shared with her. She is very attentive and does not rush you in and out of the office. She reviews your file to make sure she is as up to date as possible on what other visits you've had within the Henry Ford system. She also gives you choices and informs you of side effects so that you can make an informed decision. I love her :-) The office wait and wait to get an appt can leave a little to be desired, but I attribute that to her being a good Dr.