Dr. Doreen Kyere MD, BS Patient Reviews

• Good
  • Bad

December 20th, 2015
patient
Dr. Kyere is personable and a great doctor. She really cares about her patients and has a great sense of humor. She was very supportive of my birth plan and gave me great advice on how to achieve one. She even came in after spending the night at the hospitlal just to check on me. I would recommend her to anyone.

April 21st, 2013
did not inspire trust
Dr. Kyere had a cold demeanor. She was not open to my simple natural birth plan. She told me to stay home if thabt was what I wanted as it would be her job to keep things moving and to keep me on a clock. She told me I would have to be in bed after my water broke thougn I was keen to use different positions to aid in my delivery. I told her no episiotomy and then she told me why I should have one though it is widely excepted that heal women more quickly from tears. The worst part was that at 35 weeks she gave me an unnecessary, unannounced and unexpected cervical exam. I went there only expecting to be swabbed for strep and the next thing I knew she had shoved her hand way up my vagina to inspect my cervix. Painful, unnessary, and I felt violated. Doctors always need to communicate what and why they are doing things and she just simply didn't.

April 19th, 2013
I don't recommend Dr. Kyere
Dr. Kyere didn't put me at ease at all during my pre-natal visit. I had shared a birth plan and she wasn't supportive of it, and told me that if I didn't want interventions I should just put off coming to the hospital. She casually guesstimated my baby's heartbeat when the machine wasn't working. And the worst was that at 35 weeks she gave me an unnecessary cervical exam that I wasn't expecting without discussing it with me first. I was laid up on the table expecting just to get swabbed for a strep test, she tells me I am going to feel some pressure, next thing I know her finger is up my vagina hurting me and irritating my cervix. Not good. Doctor does an internal they need to tell you what and why they are doing it. I didn't like her at all.

July 6th, 2017