Dermatologists
Video profile
959 Cox Rd
Gastonia, NC 28054
704-866-7576
Locations and availability (2)

3.0

Some ratings provided by DrScore.
 |  Filthy Front Offices... Plus 'rude' front office staff!  |  show details
Aug 16th, 2013

Had my yearly checkup today!! Dust on lobby furniture so bad you could write your name in it. Also, a deep layer of hair/dust on both sides of chairs. Exam room not cleaned, droppings from the sanitizer on floor, corners dirty, syringe cap under counter,etc. I spoke w/Ofc Supr., she said she was too busy w/new computer program to check lobby & admitted 'she knew cleaning service was NOT up to par'! Also, front desk needs a course in 'Customer Service' & their 'attire' should NOT be to 'show=off' a dtrs work, which the Ofc Spvr said 1 of the dtrs likes!!??

|  Very Disappointed in Hickory - Oct. 2012  |  show details
Oct 18th, 2012

As a 69-year-old female, I made my first ever appointment with Dr. Hunt to have some skin tags removed that were causing discomfort and to have some moles and other skin spots looked at. I expected a head to toe whole body exam for any tags, moles, etc. that might need to be removed that I could not detect. Dr. Hunt only addressed the places I pointed out to her and did not exam me for any other potential problem areas. I was thoroughly disappointed in my visit with her and do not plan to return to her with any other future problems. She does perform like a robot and does not do a thorough exam. For all I know, I may have other skin problems that I am not aware of that she could have detected and suggested treatment. When, or if, I ever return to this facility I will request another doctor.

Oct 7th, 2011

Wow. I went to get two moles removed, left feeling like I just spoke to a robot. She was completely NOT down-to-earth. A doctor no matter how "well" she does should be able to hold a conversation with a patient to find out exactly what the patient wants, etc. I understand physicians can feel as though they are "better" than the average person and rightfully so. However, that was not the case with this woman. I felt like she was a robot. I will definitely be seeing someone else to get those moles off. The only good thing I can say is that she seems "nice".

Mar 4th, 2011

She does a great job but it sort of odd.

|  Good experience  |  show details
by Lynn on Feb 15th, 2011

Dr. Hunt has removed several moles for me. She is very detail oriented, and her stitches leave minimal scarring. I will return to her yearly for screenings and other procedures, as needed.

Jan 8th, 2011

Both my husband and I are patients of Dr. Hunt. Her manner is quiet and soft spoken and very professional. We don't want her to be our buddy just our doctor with our best interests her priority. She does that for us.

|  Weird/unusual doctor, misleading pricing  |  show details
by Frustrated in Hickory on Feb 19th, 2010

I went to Dr Hunt's office for laser hair removal. I purchased a package of 5 treatments and was told that I would receive free touch-ups if needed. I received 3 treatments from an assistant prior to actually meeting Dr. Hunt. When I did finally meet her...well, it's indescribable. 'Weird' and 'unusual' are the only words I can come up with. I completed my treatment package and went back for a touch-up weeks later only to hear from Dr Hunt that it was going to be $90 more! Apparently, she did not provide free touch-ups as I was originally informed...really wish I would have known that before purchasing my laser package!

|  Rude office staff and greedy doctor  |  show details
by Disatisfied in Hickory, NC on Jul 13th, 2009

When getting age spots lasered, I asked Dr. Hunt to get a couple more spots. She replied, "That will be $25 more. The next time she had a young person do the laser and it was like torture. I ended up with huge blisters. You can't get an appointment when there is a problem. Another time I had a spot biopsied. They never called me with the results. I had to walk into their office to ask for the results. In addition,the office hires the front desk staff based on beauty and not competence or customer service ability. When you call, they put you on perpetual hold. Using Vitals.com I made an appointment with a very friendly receptionist with a doctor with very high ratings.

Jul 1st, 2009

Very pleased with this doctor.