Dr. Doria Devare MD Patient Reviews

3.4

• Good
  • Bad

September 14th, 2015
I have been going to DR Devare for many years now. She has always been a concerned Dr and good listener. She not only treats symptoms she discusses prevention. She does not just prescribe meds or unnecessary procedures to get you out the door.

April 26th, 2015
Dr. Devare is the best general practitioner, internal medicine doctor that I have found. She listens to you, and asks pertinent questions to help diagnose and treat the patient. She is very well read and informed on a wide variety of medical conditions and medical science.

October 16th, 2014
Excellent primary care physician
Dr Devare listens and remembers pertinent information. She knows a wide variety of medical ailments and treatments. I highly recommend her.

July 21st, 2012
EXCELLENT DOCTOR
AFTER HAVING DIABETES FOR 13 YEARS SHE IS THE FIRST DOCTOR WHO HAS TAKEN THE TIME TO HELP ME. SHE HAS ME ON A DIET TO CONTROL MY SUGAR AND IN THE FIRST YEAR I HAVE LOST 47 POUNDS AND BLOOD PRESSURE IS WELL UNDER CONTROL

November 15th, 2011
Former Patient
I was seeing the good doctor for a period of timer, I advised I was having chest pains when I exercised ie;mowed lawn,shoveled snow etc. I suggested/requested a EKG she declined/ignored me. I went to the ER recently for another issue she failed to properly address, I told the hospitalist I was assigned about the chest pains ,he ordered the appropriate tests which resulted in me RECIEVING A TRIPLE BY PASS CABS surgery , simply put I was having unstable angina she either didnt recognize the symptoms , didnt care , or just needs to retire. I hold no malice but suggest you look elsewhere or take your chances.

May 31st, 2011
I had high hopes
I was able to see the doctor the very same day I called for my appointment. This seemed very good. The waiting area is very "dated" since it appears from something out of the 70s, but I was willing to look past that.An x-ray was ordered. (The doctor said I would need an MRI, but she couldn't order that without first ordering an X-ray to officially rule it out. Don't you love insurance companies?)I have called many times to hear the results from my visit. The phone tree is terrible with options for only a few specialties.They do not return calls as promised and I am still waiting to get an MRI or whatever it was I was "un-"officially diagnosed with at my first visit.

April 29th, 2011
Getting your money is her only concern.
I'm going to start this review by saying that I wanted to give this doctor 0 stars, but 1 star was the lowest I could give her. DO NOT WASTE YOUR TIME OR MONEY. She is the least caring, rudest, most unintelligent woman I have ever met. It's increadible that she even has a job, much less is a doctor.The wait: The wait time is consistant; and by that I mean a consistant half-hour on a GOOD day. Yet, if you show up one minute late, you can lose your appointment. Often times I see her laughing in an office with a drug-sales rep during the time that my visit is scheduled. She has no respect for her patients at all.Ease in getting an appointment: Getting an appointment is easy. That being said, she schedules her patients about 10 minutes apart, so she is constantly rushing them to leave. Attitude: She doesn't care about her patients at all. She does not ask questions, and expects you to tell her how you expect to be treated. She is very rude, and likes to insult her patients. For example, my mother is of average weight, and she has looked at her stomach before and has told her to lay off of the carbs and sugar. She has also given the five-star advice to replace smoking with eating chocolate, or bananas.Organization: She is completely disorganized. She does not read your file before you come in. She does not look at x-rays, she does not even remember patients that she's had for 20 years. She hurriedly asks why you're there, and then proceeds to ask questions about you that are clearly in her file and in the folder in her hands that she refuses to open. If you try to talk to her about a problem, only then does she proceed to loudly shuffle through the papers in her file.Treatments: She loves to prescibe placebos. For anyone that doesn't know what that is, it means fake medication. I am a college student with scoliosis and migranes, that went to her for help. She has called me in many times for new presciptions and just "to talk", things that she could easily do over the phone. Yet, her patients are nothing to her other than a way to make easy money. She will call you in to tell you a one-minute summary of a paper that a different doctor has written about you, and there goes at least $200 without insurance, or a $15 deductable and your time if you do. Anyway, she has made me waste tons of money on trips for medications, and after about the fourth visit with no decrease in my severe pain, she laughed and said "Even placebos work for 70% of my patients." She is completely unprofessional.Obtaining Medication: She's very presciption-happy. However, she never prescribes anything that works. She loves writing placebo and asprin prescriptions, just to get you to come back when they don't work. Also, as I said earlier, she meets with drug-reps during her patient-time, and I'm assuming makes most of her money prescribing their drugs because it gets her a nice bonus. If you have actual pain, please don't waste your time or money.Following up: She doesn't follow up, however the ladies in her office are very good at that. In fact, they follow up, and then when you walk in, Dr. Devare will be very flustered and confused, not remember you, and not know why you're there at all.If you are looking for a competant doctor that cares about you (or can even pretend to) DON'T GO TO DOCTOR DEVARE. The only thing worse than her lack of common sense or intelligence, is her love of money and lack of comittment to bonding with her patients.

October 13th, 2010
Worst healthcare experience I've had.
After calling 3 times, and holding for over 10 min, I was able to get an appt. I took vacation time off work, drove to the appt, and was promplty tol ...

October 13th, 2010
Worst healthcare experience I've had
After calling 3 times, and holding for over 10 minutes, I was able to schedule an appt. My insurance info was given all 3 times. I took vacation time at work, drove to the office, and was promptly told that my insurance wasn't aaccepted. Dr. DeVare was listed as a doctor on my HMO website and my insurance was given during all 3 of my calls. I am a busy person and resent having my time wasted. Not to mention that I was looking forward to receiving the medical attention I needed. Back to the drawing board of looking for a qualified doctor. I hope I have better luck next time. This one gets an F.

April 5th, 2016