A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Doris Altherr:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
- Currently 3 of 4 stars
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Doris Altherr is Good.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Specialties & Research
Dr. Doris Altherr, MD is board certified in Internal Medicine.
- She has special expertise in 1 area:
- Flu (Human Influenza)
Education & Awards
Dr. Altherr graduated from Creighton University, Omaha. She has 2 awards.
Dr. Altherr has 7 hospital affiliations:
- Midstate Medical Center
- New Britain General Hospital
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Altherr accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- MVP Health Care Preferred Care - 23 plans
- United Healthcare - 3 plans
- Anthem - 19 plans
- Empire Blue Cross Blue Shield - 3 plans
- Unicare - 5 plans
- Community Health Network of Connecticut - 4 plans
- Evercare - 3 plans
- Oxford Health Plans - 2 plans
- WellCare - 1 plan
- Cigna - 13 plans
- Humana - 6 plans
- Great-West Healthcare - 2 plans
- Aetna - 3 plans
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Where does Dr. Doris L. Altherr practice?
Dr. Doris Altherr practices Internal Medicine near Plainville, CT.
Additional practice locations include: Bristol, CT.
See Plainville Internists.