Dr. Doris Ragland MD Patient Reviews

• Internal Medicine Hawthorne, CA

2.8

October 4th, 2016
Phenomenal Physician!
We should be mindful that everyone is different - and some physicians have a "bed-side manner" that can be misconstrued as abrupt, unfeeling, or unprofessional. Personally, I like the fact that Dr. Ragland gets down to business. "Hi, (your name here), what's going on with you today?" Not in a unfeeling way, but in a professional manner. My chronic pain doesn't put me in the mood for unnecessary chatter...Dr. Ragland listens to my concerns - takes as much time as necessary - and either prescribes something or submits a referral for a specialist. Dr. Ragland and her nurse are "aces"! I tell anyone who listens, that this is the best team that Axminster has!

September 16th, 2015
Worst Bedside Manner
Worst bedside manner ever. She walked into the room and barked "what is wrong you" and had the most disgruntled and disgusted look on her face. She took no care with me, showed zero kindness and I have never had such a bad experience with a doctor. This experience is what makes me nervous when I have to try a new doctor. I think it is time for Dr. Ragland to take a vacation or perhaps go in another direction with her career. A doctor needs to put patients at ease not make them feel under attack and not cared about.

October 30th, 2013
Bedside Manner...non-existent.
I've found Dr. Ragland to be rather curmudgeonly, crabby and cantankerous. Not that appearance has anything to do with her knowledge or expertise, but she always seems to look like she just rolled out of bed, slapped her hair down, grabbed whatever was handy to put on and come into the office. Not very put together or professional looking at all. Each visit, I don't feel like she's really listening, but rather just wants to berate me, chastise me, and talk at me like I'm 3 years old. I'm not the kind of person that goes to the doctor for every little thing. When I go, something is WRONG, and I've left feeling like I've offended her by being in pain or having an issue. She's rude to her staff, and only seems to calm down when she's telling you what she is going to prescribe medication wise. As soon as I finish my current course of treatment with her, I am going to look for someone else.

September 12th, 2013
A True Doctor
Dr. Ragland has called me at home to make sure I was taking my medication. She cares about her patients, she listens to you, she doesn't rush you in and out, and she just makes you feel comfortable. Dr. Doris Ragland is excellent.