Dr. Dorothea Hoover MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

2.6

March 9th, 2013
satisfied
Everything bad that is said about her is true bed side matter sucks but nobody cares more about you than she does. She does talk to fast but she has about 3000 patients to attend to so cut her some slack.

July 22nd, 2011
Unprofessional and Rude
This doctor does not listen to me, and interrupts me when I try to explain something to her. I attend appointments with a close friend, who takes notes on my condition between visits, and records advice during visits. She is quite obvious in her dislike of a second person present. She treats me disrespectfully, shouting and talking down to me. If I have more than one problem during a check up, she complains that she "cannot deal with them in the time allotted." Her appearance is not professional; over the last year or so, her hair is not even combed. She does refer me to necessary specialists. Staff members kid around about her demeanor. If your time is more important than your health, see Dr. Hoover. Otherwise, I cannot recommend her.

June 27th, 2011
Dr. Hoover is rude, argumentative and brisk. She makes absolutely no attempt to bond or find common ground with her patient. In my opinion Dr. Hoover does not care about people in general. Dr. Hoover does not want to here what her patients have to say. It is rush, rush, and rush. I can not say that she is incompetent because I'm not a medical professional. I would never recommend her to anyone that I know. Dr. Hoover's bedside manner is so poor that I would not trust her with my health concerns. I personally asked the VA to assign me another physician.

July 11th, 2010
The kind Doctor told me results of my tests, told me what I could about it. Perscribed vitamins to help, and then left the choices up to me. Exactly what I desired. Smart Lady, I am very pleased with my visits with her.

December 11th, 2009
Rude, mean-spirited, and worst of all totally incompetent.