Phenomenal show details Phenomenal
by Caitlin K on May 4th, 2016

I was referred to Dr. Altschul and before meeting her I went through the book process with her assistant, Lilly. Lilly is so helpful with booking your appointment, sending over the forms so you walk in feeling fully prepared and she greets you with a beautiful warm smile. Dr. Altschul was welcoming, very knowledgeable and answered all of my questions. She calmed my nerves, wanted to do low risk procedures before diving in where it would cost a lot of money and put me into a risk factor range. Her beauty, knowledge and personality eases your nerves and makes it easy to open up about your concerns. These two ladies are phenomenal and go above and beyond for the patient!

Apr 20th, 2016

ONE OF THE BEST AND CARING DOCTORS. I HAV BEEN GOING TO HER FOR 5 YEARS.

by Rosa Zapata on Apr 12th, 2016

courteous, and professional!

In good hands show details In good hands
by Meghan on Feb 18th, 2016

Dr Altschul is a great doctor that makes you feel so calm and relaxed she explains things in a manner you can understand without being intimidated. I feel like I am in the best hands being under her care and the care of her whole team, of which I underwent craniotomy surgery with. I feel blessed to have found her. And her staff, Lillian in particular, are so accommodating and sweet....going out of their way to help. I couldn't be more appreciate of Dr. Altschul and her team.

Excellent physician show details Excellent physician
by R. Novie on Dec 30th, 2015

Dr. Altschul is everything a fine doctor should be. She is foremost thorough and knowledgeable. She explains things clearly, spends adequate time with you, answers all questions thoughtfully and compassionately.

Aug 13th, 2015

Dr. Altschul thoroughly explained the results of my scan, pointing out the success of the surgery performed and two areas to be monitored. We even discussed all issues I still have. She gave me the names of different specialists to follow-up with. She answered all of my questions and those of my son thoroughly. I highly recommend Dr. Altschul.

by albert gonzalez on Aug 6th, 2015

really took time to fully explain aspects of my condition and followed up with any questions or actually concerns I had, no questions left unanswered, walked out of office feeling that everything was addressed

Wonderful Doctor and a even better person show details Wonderful Doctor and a even better person
by David Arabia on Jan 28th, 2015

Dr Altschul took over my care this year. I previously had brain surgery for a large aneurysm 15 years ago at Columbia Pres. I suffer from seizures still to this day. I was told i had another Aneurysm by another neurologist after my 15 year check up via a new Mri Scan. My Brain Surgeons recommended Dr Altschul and told me to see her for a second opinion and further testing, they told me she is the best and that speaks volumes when you hear this from the best surgeons in the world. After my consult with her I felt very comfortable with her she explained more to me in 1 hour about my condition than my neurologist explained in 15 years. She was so knowledgeable and explained things in a precise yet understandable way. I learned that there have been so many advances in treating my illness and Dr Altschul was at the leading edge of this technology. She did all my tests and i am fine there is no new Aneurysm. I cant express my gratitude enough I would trust her with my life. Anyone that needs this type of care you cant do any better..

by Zen P. on Dec 7th, 2014

My overall experience with Dr. Aultshul was a very positive one. I would readily recommend Dr. Aultschul to anyone in her special field.

THE Best! show details THE Best!
by Laura C. on Nov 30th, 2014

Dr. Altschul is the most compassionate, caring, and wonderful doctor I have ever met. I would recommend her to everyone. She is the best!

Compassionate, caring surgeon show details Compassionate, caring surgeon
Nov 22nd, 2014

I had a wonderful experience with Dr Altschul. She went over every detail regarding my treatment. She takes the time you show you everything and is genuinely interested in your best possible outcome. How refreshing to find a knowledgable, caring surgeon with NO ego. I have and will continue to refer anyone to her that is in need of top notch neurological care. Her staff is extremely helpful as well, which is such a comforting thing when you are experiencing serious illness.

Domestic Engineer show details Domestic Engineer
by Susan Dane on Nov 22nd, 2014

I would tell anyone who needs a Neurological Surgery, that Dorothea Altschul is the one to choose. She was up front with me on all the tests I had done. She told me how involved the surgery would be. Showed me all the pictures of the tests. Told me I could if I wanted to wait three more months to see if the aneurysm is getting bigger or has stayed the same. All of her staff keeps up informed about everything and reminds you of appointments. As a whole you can ask her anything and she sits and answers all of your questions. If I was not such a chicken I would have had her do my surgery already. I am just borrowing some time. She told me if I change my mind she will do it now. She has been watching it closely. I did not know in the beginning if I wanted to go so far from my home, but now I am glad I did. My Husband is also impressed with her.

Nov 21st, 2014

Compassion, and kindness are as great an aide to a physician as is their clinical skills. Dr. Altschul has that rare ability of being able to put your mind at ease with caring and competence. That is something in short supply out there. BTW The office staff is top shelf!

Nov 5th, 2014

Dr. Altschul is the best doctor! She is so knowledgeable and understanding. She explains everything in detail from the diagnosis to the treatment. I highly recommend Dr. Altschul.

by AK on Jun 20th, 2014

Dr. Altschul and her co-workers saved my life by repairing a pretty bad burst brain aneurysm (with clips) and by coiling a bulging blood vessel. I am beyond grateful to be alive and to be able to write and submit this review! Dr. Altschul is the greatest!

A helping hand show details A helping hand
by Lindita K. on Nov 29th, 2013

This past year has not been any easy one. Not only for my father but my family, but as a 15 year old girl having to go through this stressful situation this past year it was good to have hope. My father had a stroke at the age of 52 . It's not easy to have your whole world flipped upside down in a single day. The worst part was not knowing the cause. Not only did Dr. Altschul figure out the cause of his stroke, but gave hope back to my father that he so desperately needed, and peace of mind to our family. She not only diagnosed my father but gave him a fighting chance to get better. I want to thank her for explaining to us everything that happened and listening to us when we felt like we couldn't be heard. So thank you doctor not only did you help my father but helped my family.

by Betsabe R. on May 2nd, 2013

Dr. Altschul is the best neurology in this country. She is very friendly and she likes to take a lot of time with patients explaining you all, also recently she operated me for two aneurysms in Valley Hospital- New Jersey with a new method " Pipeline Embolization Device" and everything went very well. I definitely recommend this doctor, she is very good and has blessed hands.