Dr. Dorothy Hong Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Dorothy Hong?

Devastating

Posted on September 9th, 2017

Our experience with Dr. Dorothy Hong has been a nightmare. It ended in the death of one of our beloved twin babies. Dr. Hong was the OB of our surrogate mother who was pregnant with our twins. Because a twin pregnancy is in general rated a high risk pregnancy, we had a very tight scedule of medical checks during the whole pregnancy. This was to ensure everything was going to be fine. All we ever got as results during the first 34 weeks of pregnancy was that our children were perfectly fine. On the last appointment in week 35 it was discovered that the heard rate of our boy was critical. An emergecy c-section was the result. Our boy had several severe conditions that were discovered after birth. He could not breath. Mutiple organs were not working right. He had the worst kind of brain bleedings with grade 4. Our son died two days after his birth. Dr. Hong did not discover any of this while the mother was in her care. After the birth Dr. Hong did not attempt to give any sort of explanation. Instead she ran off after the birth and went on vacation for 2 weeks. After we confronted her after her return all she said that she was no specialist and could not have detected any of the conditions of our son. She took no responsibilty and simply denied us. We ask her to at least show some sort of comitment to our case and refund 50% of the medical cost she billed to our surrogate mother. She did not even answer to this. From our experience we can only say that no one who cares for the wellbeing of their children should go to Dr. Dorothy Hong.

Terrible

Posted on November 17th, 2015

When you choose a doctor the decision is not only based on the physician alone, but also upon the supporting staff that assists, and the overall care you receive within the office. Blanca the receptionist lacks any sense of courtesy, respect, or professionalism. She makes scheduling appointments a nightmare. Unfortunately, unless Dr. Hong finds better support staff, she will be surrounded by incompetence that makes the patient's experience a nightmare. Dr. Hong's office is unreliable, plagued with poor time management, and miserable customer service.

Such a compassionate and knowledgeable doctor

Posted on February 6th, 2014

Dr. Dorothy Hong truly saved my daughter's life. When I was 23 weeks pregnant, my water broke and Dr, Hong had me placed at Huntington Hospital. I stayed at Huntington Hospital for 10 weeks in the high risk maternity ward. As scary and confusing as it was for me and my husband, Dr. Hong gave us the encouragement that we needed to make it through this ordeal. Without having to ask her, she stopped by every evening on her way home to visit me and to make sure that my daughter's vitals were strong. At 32 weeks into the pregnancy, I underwent a C-section. My daughter is now 15 months old, healthy, and strong. I truly believe that without Dr. Hong fighting for me to stay in the hospital and be constantly monitored, the outcome may have been different. She was our daughter's guardian angel.

Posted on March 9th, 2013

I had my hysterectomy the end of January. I do like her a lot she is caring and listen to your problem the first visit. She make u feel comfortable in the hospital. I did so well the second day after the surgery . I would recommand to others.

Never on time and very basic ultrasound machine

Posted on February 5th, 2013

I have had over 7 appointments with Dr. Hong and I have never been seen on time. She is always AT LEAST one hour late. I hate when doctors think their time is more valuable than others'. Also her ultrasound machine is very basic. It gives a very grainy image. It makes me worry that she may have missed a possible health issue with my baby. (I am comparing her machine image to what I had during my previous pregnancy). She is nice, but because of the issues above I would not continue to have her as my doctor. I am stuck until my baby is born due to insurance reasons.

Couldn't have picked a better OB.

Posted on November 7th, 2012

This is my 3rd and final OB doctor the I have chosen for my pregnancy. Staff is very kind nothing bad to say. If I arrive about 15 minutes prior to my appointment she always sees me on time. This is one of the most kind hearted doctors I've ever met. I love her! and would recommend any mommy-to-be! I've been going through a lot in my pregnancy being high risk and my first baby, she is very patient with me and assures me everything will be okay, as well as takes the time to listen to my personal problems. Even after having my baby, I'll definitely see her for future as my OB/GYN!

Very nice Dr. who is listens and very patient

Posted on June 6th, 2012

I had very plesent experience visiting Dr. Hong. She's very patient and explain things in simple language. I like her alot.

Worth the wait

Posted on February 28th, 2011

Dr. Hong is amazing! I am so blessed to have found her. I was terrified of labor and delivery, and she was SO great at keeping my fears at bay. She has 2 different locations where she practices, so I understand why some previous people were unhappy about not getting to see her on a particular day. But, in an emergency, she saw me at her other office...I was pretty impressed with that. Also, I will agree that the wait time in the Sierra Madre office is ridiculously long, but she is seriously worth the wait! She listens to me, and makes sure that she's answered all my questions (which I write down before going in to make sure I remember everything!). Dr. Hong's bedside manner at the hospital is also fabulous. She knew I was scared and handled everything so professionally. When things were not looking so good with the pregnancy she was honest with my husband and I and told us what she would do if she were in my shoes. We so appreciated her candor. After experiencing her help in the hospital, I understood why sometimes appointments are not prompt...she's busy at the hospital delivering babies! =) She really is great and I would highly recommend her to anyone! I'm already looking forward to my next pregnancy. =)

easy going

Posted on September 29th, 2010

I'm glad I didn't get the same experience as other patients, now are we talking about the same doctor here? I know that Dr. Hong we very caring with me she was patient when it came to my labor and if it wasn't for her I wouldn't have an easy labor. She made me very comfortable and answered all my questions its like taking to a friend about your problems. All they staffs were great except that one asian recepionist she wasn't the friendliest of them all, Im like come on lady do u even smile? she is rude at times.

Ridiculous

Posted on August 19th, 2010

I made an appointment and had to wait 3 weeks. Once the day came, I got a call right as I was about to leave that she had to cancel the appointment until the next week. I went the next week and was told to come back 4 hours later. Once in there, she prescribed me some pills that have never worked before. She said to call if they don't work. I've been leaving messages for days now. First they said she would not be in until two days later. Now, not until next week. When does she actually come in to the office?!?! Waste of time and money.

Horrible experience

Posted on July 22nd, 2010

I received a referral to this doctor and tried making an appointment twice. The first time, I called and was given a date almost a month later. I wrote down the date and time and read it back to the receptionist to make sure. I took time off from work for my appointment and got there early to fill out paperwork. I filled everything out and sat down to wait. I waited for twenty minutes and then the receptionist suddenly realized that Dr. Hong wasn't in that day and that they had given me the wrong date! I even double-checked it against what I had written. I couldn't afford to take more time off to come in on the day that they had actually scheduled me on, so I had to cancel.I was very upset but decided to try again before my referral expired just in case this was a very unusual circumstance. I made my appointment and they couldn't get me in for two weeks. This morning (my appt was supposed to be today) they called and said they had to move my appointment earlier or reschedule because Dr. Hong was going to be leaving early. I will NEVER go to this doctor again. So much of my time and money has already been wasted. I will be asking for a referral to a different gynecologist - one who will keep her appointments and whose staff can read a calendar. I recommend everyone else do the same.

Posted on July 14th, 2017