Dr. Dorothy Lyons MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

2.5

May 7th, 2016
Dangerous Doctor
Poor bedside manner. Does not act professional, does not review history and physical. She need to not be a doctor. She is dangerous.

April 2nd, 2015
Cold heart hot ego
See you at the eternal bonfire. May God have mercy on your soul if you have one.

December 11th, 2014
Rough around the edges but excellent
OK so I have to admit when I first met this doctor I did not like her. She has a tough no nonsense bedside manner that sometimes made conversations exhausting. However looking back I realize I have a very rare neurological disease, with an unusual presentation of initial symptoms that is also extremely severe which is also rare. However she was the first doctor to reccomend I go to Duke to be seen, which was the BEST advise. The doctors here have never seen anything like it and I was very under treated and as a result very ill for a long time. I also realize now that starting me on meds for an incorrect diagnosis could have been VERY harmful to my health. I respect that she did not pretend to "know all" and refered me to Duke. I have also seen her in the hospital sience my Duke visit and she is not afraid to say she was wrong. (She did not think I have the disease I do.) she is not my neurologist but visits when I am in the hospital to see what is going on out of curiosity and a desire to learn, she has also become more polite. I believe my symptoms not presenting traditionally frustrated her. I would much rather have a competent doctor than a pleasant mediocre one. She is very intellegent and notices details. The sweetest doctor in the world may give you an incorrect diagnosis leading to needless suffering or worse out of ignorance/ inexperience or lack of real effort to solve the puzzle which is a real issue in neurology/autoimmune. I see she has some poor reviews probably due to bedside manner. However she really is a caring and dedicated doctor that wants to find answers and a accurate diagnosis. I would definitely recommend her. Just don't expect to have a lot of small talk or pleasantries she is straight to the point and gets right to work, telling you exactly what she thinks. That is respectable.