Dr. Dorothy Merritt MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

December 18th, 2015
Excellent
IDr Merritt is the best around! She listens and questions then takes the time to talk to me. The whole office is great. I too work in the Medical Field but they are always willing to work around my crazy schedule. I tried switching to a Dr closer to work/ home but realized that Dr Merritt is worth the extra drive

November 20th, 2015
Doc. Dorothy is fantastic. I trust her with our lives!

November 8th, 2015
Dr. Merritt has been my PCP for several years and you might say I trust her with my life as she is the only Dr. I see for my medical needs. If she has a clinic and contracts with my Insurance I will be her patient.

November 4th, 2015
A doctor that listens!
Dr Merritt's knowledge of regular medicine as a doctor combined with her knowledge of natural medicine is exceptional! When i first saw her I told her of my bad experiences with other docs that wouldnt "listen" when i told them of severe side effects I had while taking drugs they prescribed to me....she DID listen & umcovered the problem! I wouldnt change primary care docs for anything!

October 27th, 2015
Dr Merritt and her phy assistant are so professional and accurate and I really appreciate it. She is very popular, so if I can not see her right away, I can see her PA, usually that very day and her staff is so nice about trying to get me in... I've been seeing her for over 4 yrs now and I'm not an easy case, having many problems from my Kidney transplant. She is in TX City and I'm in League City, but it is worth the 20 minute drive. They are a very knowledgeable team and they are very nice too!

October 16th, 2015
Great Doctor
I have been a patient of Dr. Merritt for over 10 years, and cannot say enough good about her. She listens to her patients, diagnoses correctly, and will not stop until she gets to the bottom of a problem. I have always found she takes time with you, doesn't fill you with a lot of "pills" like some doctors do. She uses a lot of holistic treatment, and I for one LOVE that!! Too many chemicals being prescribed by other doctors instead of "treating" their patient.

April 3rd, 2014
The Best Physician To date!
Dr Merritt always listens attentively, takes the time necessary to diagnose any medical problem that I may have. Further, her role as a care giver precedes her, as she understands my pain issues and addresses them and they are needed. I know how lucky and blessed I am to have her as my primary care physician. I don't know what I would do with out her. She has been my Dr. for almost ten years now and my wifes for almost twenty years.

December 22nd, 2011
Great Doctor for past 20+ years

August 4th, 2010
Mom in Bay area
I have seen both Dr. Merritt, as well as many of her colleagues. It is rare that I like all of the doctors in a group, but I have no complaints with any of them. I find Dr. Merritt and her colleagues to be very professional. Yes, she does recommend vitamins. I have found that using her recommended vitamins results in a 90% reduction in migraines (as long as I do not forget to take them, or run out of them). Have all my symptoms gone away? No, but some I have not even addressed with her. My parents have also seen her. When my mother had a potentially very serious problem possibly involving kidney failure (she had been dealing with another specialist for about one month), I told my mother to go to Dr. Merritt early the next day and sit in the waiting room until she could see her. Although I thought one of the meds my mother had been prescribed was part of the problem, I certainly do not have a medical degree. My parents took my advice, Dr. Merritt saw her, even though they did not have an appointment. After a significant wait, due to the circumstances, Dr. Merritt told my mother exactly what I thought would be the correct treatment, discontinuation of the offending prescription and addition of NAC (N-Acetylcysteine). Some of Dr. Merritt's treatments may seem different. That is a good thing for those of us that want to get to the source of the problem, not just treat (mask) the symptoms. If that involves vitamins, minerals, supplements, foods, exercise, or something else, then that is fine with me. My ultimate goal is a cure or at least as much restoration of health as possible. I am not interested in glossing over the symptoms with more prescriptions, which may cause MORE side effects. By the way, she is one of the few doctors with not only a vast knowledge of the interactions of prescriptions, but also foods, supplements and herbs. She is also quite aware of environmental toxins and works with toxicologists in the area. That is a huge plus to me! I also have found her staff to be very nice. Is everything perfect? No, what is perfect in this world? I do wish I had found her 25 years sooner. Maybe I would not have suffered so much damage by other perhaps well meaning, but less informed doctors. I also like these doctors because they appreciate patients who act as their own advocates and who want to participate in their health treatment and outcome.

March 1st, 2010
You will rarely see Dr. Merritt...
After the initial visit I never saw Dr Merritt again in over 6 yrs. She delegates all patients to PDA's. You will be regularly urged to enter into her myriad of 'alternative' medicine ptograms, and will be urged to purchase products from her 'Wellness' store.Although the care from the PDAs is certainly acceptable at there level, it is apparent that Dr. Merritt is more an entrepreneur than a doctor. If the option exists, I highly recommend searching out another doctor fro your primary care.

May 2nd, 2008
Great Doctor for Alternative Medicine and ArmourThyroid
Dr. Merritt is very accepting of patients taking initiative in research for their own care. She is supportive of alternative medicines/supplements/vitamins. She will prescribe ArmourThyroid which many doctors will not do. She listens well and you feel like you are a partner in your own care.