A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Dorothy Scarpinato:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
- Currently 2 of 4 stars
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Dorothy Scarpinato is Satisfactory.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Specialties & Research
Dr. Dorothy Scarpinato, MD is board certified in Orthopaedic Surgery.
- She has special expertise in 3 areas:
- Hip Osteoarthritis
- Knee Osteoarthritis
- Osteoarthritis (Hand and Wrist)
Education & Awards
Dr. Scarpinato graduated from Upstate Medical University Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation, Syracuse.
Dr. Scarpinato has 15 hospital affiliations:
- North Shore Univ Hosp At Glen Cove
- North Shore University Hospital
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Scarpinato accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- MVP Health Care Preferred Care - 6 plans
- Unicare - 2 plans
- Oxford Health Plans - 2 plans
- Cigna - 6 plans
- The Empire Plan (UHC) - 1 plan
- Aetna - 3 plans
- United Healthcare - 2 plans
- Fidelis Care - 4 plans
- Health Plus - 4 plans
- Humana - 2 plans
- HIP Health Plan of New York - 30 plans
- Great-West Healthcare - 1 plan
- Horizon Blue Cross Blue Shield of New Jersey - 3 plans
- Empire Blue Cross Blue Shield - 15 plans
- Capital District Physicians Health Plan - 3 plans
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Where does Dr. Dorothy F. Scarpinato practice?
Dr. Dorothy Scarpinato practices Orthopaedic Surgery near Melville, NY.
Additional practice locations include: East Meadow, NY and Plainview, NY.
See Melville Surgeons.