Dr. Dorothy Shaffer MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

3.6

December 30th, 2015
Excellent physician. Amazing staff. Very welcoming office to feel "a part of".

September 17th, 2015
Dr. Shaffer is exceptional and very thorough in her exams. She always provides holistic answers and suggestions.

May 2nd, 2013
Improvement Needed
I have been a long time patient at Full Spectrum Healthcare. Although, I am charged an annual fee it is next to impossible to schedule an appointment outside of preventative care. If you need to see the Dr. the same day, because you are ill...you can forget about it. I have had to go to Urgent Care on several occasions because the physician has been unavailable to see me and the most frustrating thing is that I recently contacted the office (medical receptionist) to inform them that I am allergic to a medication and the next time I suffered with a sinus infection the physician called in the very same medication I had previously contacted the office to inform them that I am allergic too. The front desk staff (receptionist) has always been rude and unsympathetic whenever I call to attempt to get a same day appointment regarding my recurring sinus infections, flu, etc. When people call they are usually ill...it is a doctor's office...show some human empathy/genuine concern. Needless to say, I have pretty much had it with the rudeness and the incompetence of the front desk staff and I have finally decided to move on. Good riddance. Suggestions to improve patient satisfaction: 1.Open a non-emergency email account where patients can email the Dr. their questions or concerns (prescriptions questions, refills, etc.) 2.If a patient calls when they are ill and can not get an appointment, at a minimum the physician should call them back and reach out to the patient to find out how they are doing. 3.Teach the front desk staff basic customer service and how to express empathy to sick patients.