Dr. Dorothy Williams MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

October 15th, 2015
She is an AMAZING doctor!!!! She spent a lot of time with me and went over all info. We need more doctors like her.

July 2nd, 2015
Helped immensely
I can not be more happy that I found Dr. Williams. I was having daily migraines. Even after brain surgery (benign cyst), I was getting them several times a week and nothing seemed to help much. Dr. Williams really took the time to understand what was going on in my head (first appointment was over an hour long, which seems a little tedious, but she is thorough). She looks at things holistically and doesn't just go to the standard answers I got from other doctors. After seeing her for about 10 months I can finally say that things are going much, much better. I am taking far fewer medications and the medications I am taking, I take less of. And I only have a mild or moderate headache maybe twice a week now. She really has helped me get my quality of life back. I have been to several other neurologists and doctors for my headaches. All of them just wanted to throw meds at me and not really get into what's causing them. She got me meds that worked when I had a bad migraine, but all the while we were working on prevention. Dr. Williams does not look for a quick fix and in order to figure out what's going on, you have to be dedicated to keeping headache logs and following up with regular appointments. Some people are not into that, so fair warning, that's her style. My sister-in-law saw her too, and she described her as "kind of a granola type of doctor" - and I guess she could be. She doesn't shy away from modern medicine though, she just looks at things holistically. Anyway, I can't recommend her enough. She has truly saved me from so much pain and I enjoy life so much more now. I want to review her on every site because I don't know where I would be if I hadn't found her. I want others to be able to get help, too.

March 21st, 2015
Best doctor I have ever seen. She is very thorough and cares about her patients. She has called to check on me and spends time with you which never happens anymore. Anyone that says she is a bad doctor is crazy. She is to the point because she wants to figure out what's going on.

February 18th, 2014
My experience with Dr. Williams was terrible. In the initial session she was very leading and manipulative. I left feeling as though I had an alcohol and drug problem which I certainly do not. She was short with me and extremely evasive when I asked questions. I went to get a series of tests done and even though my other doctor in the same building had the results and reviewed them the very next day, her secretary called me and put me on hold for 15 minutes because they couldn't find them... this was 3 days after my other doctor in the same building had ALREADY reviewed them. I went back for my follow up, and she was extremely rude. We had to wait for quite a long time in the waiting room. By the time we got in there, she still had not even looked at my test results. She was extremely rude to my boyfriend who I brought along with me to explain what had been happening during the times that I could not remember. She ended up giving me no diagnosis AT ALL yet decided that I was not allowed to drive for an indefinite period of time. I was floored and went out to my car, then decided that I needed to go back in to get some clarification, give her a final try. She simply replied that she "did not have time to talk to me." Incredibly disrespectful. I would never recommend her to anyone.

February 6th, 2014
Unique and Wonderful Doctor
I have lived with a traumatic brain injury for over 30 years. A swimming accident at 18 years of age left me in a coma and with changed life. In short, I have worked with over a dozen highly referred, regarded, and recognized neurologists to address, primarily, frequent and intense migraine disease. Without doubt, Dr. Williams has invested in me and my whole health profile. All of the other neurologists focused, almost always and exclusively, on treating the migraines via a tunnel vision-like obsession with just the brain. On my first appointment with Dr. Williams, I spent over one hour talking directly across the desk from her as she speedily entered my health history into her desktop computer. She listened and questioned and listened some more. If I combined all the times I had a one-on-one dialogue with all my previous neurologists, it may equal the time Dr. Williams spent with me in one appointment. She is a genuine healer. She is a hungry student despite years as a psychologist and subsequently a neurologist. She listened with an open mind. She respected my opinions and relationships with a number of other medical doctor specialists that were treating me for a list of other illnesses ranging from severe depression, OCD, thyroid disease, C-diff, disc herniations, and so forth. Immediately, she recognized a major danger. I had been taking the drug Keppra as a migraine preventative which changed my personality. There are currently so many law suits and class action litigations due to horrific side effects and outcomes from patients taking Keppra that a term has been dubbed to describe the mood metamorphosis that many patients experience: "Kepprage" A doctor, no a neurologist, listened sufficiently to discover a critical medication blunder. Dr. Williams treats the whole person. My emotional state was intertwined with my TBI and the isolated migraine approach of previous MD's lost sight of the forest for the trees. Within a matter of weeks under her care, I had gone from a disoriented danger to myself and a monstrous nature (the exact opposite of my personality and nature pre-Keppra) to the old stable me; thus saving my marriage, family, and probably my life. This immediate finding resulted from a sincere desire to learn from me as a patient. I am not cured and probably will not be in this life. Yet, my quality of life after meeting and being treated by Dorothy Williams, MD, Phd has been more than dramatic--almost miraculous. Now she is using nerve block injections that are proving extremely helpful. In sum, I cannot recommend her more highly.

August 18th, 2013
Great Physician
Though I share the same last name as Dr. Williams, I am not related to her. I am proud to say that I am one of her patients. Seems our current society wants a 'friend', someone to laugh with, be chummy with, while still seeking medical advice for major headache pain. Dr. Williams is a doctor who is interested in YOU. She does not 'chatter' very much, she would rather spend her time asking you specific questions so that she may make a proper diagnosis. If you are looking for a 'pal' then do not go to a professional doctors office. Dr. Williams is very professional and really cares about YOU. This is a tough job and if Dr. Williams were not interested in helping you, then she would do something else. Very caring, great follow-up and a fabulous diagnostician. IF you want results and answers to your neurological situations, then Dr. Williams is the VERY BEST.

June 17th, 2013
Dr Williams listens, and is very educated and a superior Neurologist. She is the only Neorologist I have made any progress with, in my 8 years of seeking answers.

March 23rd, 2012
Fabulous Diagnostician
Though Dr. Williams may fall a little short of pleasantries, she IS there to LISTEN to your symptoms, not to listen to you sit and complain, getting off the topic and attempting to get sympathy from Dr. Williams. Honestly, is THAT why some of you go to doctors? I have been seeing Dr. Williams since she began practicing Neurology and for me, give me an excellent diagnostician rather that a 'pal' any day. I am going to get 'assistance' not to make a new friend.I love Dr. Williams and will continue to see her for follow-ups on my back pain issues. She is the best!

January 13th, 2012
dr.williams has been the best neurologist i have ever been to & i have been to lots of them! she always listens to what i have to say first & then gives her input. she always explains everything thoroughly & treats me as an intelligent person. she always calls back promptly if i have a question. after reading other reviews of people saying she is scary, she is NOT! she knows what she is doing, gets right to the point, diagnoses (correctly), treats the problem & gets you on with life. if people don't like her it is probably because they are high matainance patients who don't like anyone. i love her & would recommend her to anyone needing a good dr.

September 30th, 2011
She is scary!!!!
Dr Williams was recommeded to me from someone else that told me she was a great doctor. I beg to differ!!!!! This woman is an absolute CONTROL FREAK!!!!!She cuts you off every time you speak. The first time I was in her office I was told not to talk until she asked the questions. I was told to write notes before hand so when I went to refer to them she literally YELLED at me "don't use your notes, just tell me). I was there for MS symptoms. She does not know how to treat you with any dignity at all and very disrespectful. I decided to give her another try after she had ordered tests because I figured her bedside manner was horrible but that she may be excellent in diagnosing. I was wrong! With reports in her hand she missed the details such as lesions, disc protrusion etc. just to name a few that seen on an MRI and reported to her. After asking for copies of everything, the notes of all this were clear as day!!! My husband saw it with his own eyes ( I took him the 2nd time) and he was amazed that I had even returned after the 1st visit.She was upset that I had not brought in every test and Drs notes from the past so on my return the 2nd visit I came loaded with everything and her comment was " Wouldn't it be perfect if I had time to sit and read all those" I reminded her that she was the one that asked for them. The front girl at the office is very nice, very cute personality! The girls in the lab taking blood were great and her secretary Angie ( I think) was always kind to me. How she can work for her is unbelievable to my husband and us. I will NEVER and I do mean NEVER go to her again!!!! Total waste of 3 weeks when I could have been going to someone else.

January 14th, 2011
Excellent Neurologist
I saw Dr. Williams for migraines and pain in neck/shoulder. She made the correct diagnosis and not only gave me proper medications to deal with my chronic pain, but referred me to a first-rate PT. I have total trust and confidence in her care.The initial exam; she is more interested in listening to you and doing a neurological exam. She expressed concern and compassion over my symptoms. Dr. Williams has helped me tremendously.I cannot imagine why anyone would describe her as loud, rude, psychotic or any of those other outrageously negative things other reviewers have said. I have received nothing but the best and most attentive care from Dr. Williams.

December 8th, 2010
Compassionate and concerned practitioner
Dr. Dorothy Williams exhibited compassion and concern during a very difficult time in our lives, regarding a complicated medical condition. After a very thorough assessment, it was determined to be beyond the scope of her practice. A referral was made to another practitioner. Personally, I appreciate when a healthcare provider acknowledges her/his limitations, so the process can move forward. Technically, I appreciated the thorough work-up and personally, I appreciated the human compassion.