Dr. Douglas Brewer MD Patient Reviews

• Colon and Rectal Surgery Macon, GA

3.8

October 23rd, 2015
Dr does not care to help people who desperately need surgery even if you make a mistake and can't remember things
I was seen by him 1 time his PA Elizabeth is a excellent PA and needs to open her Owen practice when she can she is caring respectful and takes time to listen and answers questions and explains things to wear you understand instead of using medical terms i had a surgery date and time I went to the ER the night before my surgery and asked to go smoke the PA there told me he couldn't advise me to and showed me towards the door like to go I walked to the end of the driveway and was stopped by 2 nurses that where standing right there and saw the PA and what he did the told me I was not allowed to go smoke with an IV in me I asked for the paper I signed before to state I wouldn't hold them responsible for anything after going out of the hospital and was told you are not having the surgery that I was being admitted after that I had explained to the nurses how upset I was due to being told I wasn't having the surgery I have been waiting for almost a year I was crying upset made and I know my bipolar was through the roof I needed to get out of there or I was going to explode so I asked them what do I need to do so I can go smoke and calm down I was crying at this point I was so mad was told the IV had to come out said ok fine that was out then was told I had to check myself out leaving against medical advise and then check my self back in so I went to smoke came home took shower ate something got a call to return they where admitting me when I got there was sent to 3 different places to register the last place told me he canceled my surgery totally due to me not giving him all info on my health problems I was told I was going to be admitted due to my heart rate being to low had I been told this I never would asked to go outside to smoke and would not of you definitely left I called my heart doctor and told him what happened he told me he wanted to see me the following morning I went in to see him and told him what exactly happened and he said that the PA had no right whatsoever to handle it the way he did I should have been told the reason I was not going to have my surgery and why I was being put in apparently the hospital had added a whole bunch of other medical problems I had never been told I had so he quit being my doctor due to other health issues that were put in my file and I never was told I had so he quit being my doctor and told me I had 30 days to find another one I got worse so I called him after being told that he would see me on an emergency basis only my stomach felt like it was going to explode my colon intestines muscles and digestive tract had totally shut down he knew this because he was the one that ordered the test so he knew exactly what kind of shape I was in and on top of that I am a diabetic having trouble keeping my blood sugar stable as well as not being able to eat drink or take meds like I needed to also apologize I did wrong and I told him I should of handled it a different way but due to the fact of not being able or given the right information that's why I ended up leaving he still never called me and advised me to go to the ER where he knew they couldn't do anything it was a surgical procedure needing to be done ASAP and he would not see me or let me know of another doctor that could help me instead I suffered for another month before I found my own doctor they are giving me in as soon as possible and possibly placing a device to act like muscles and taking about 85% of my calling and doing ileoscopy like it should have been done along time ago he could of cause my life too and thank God it didn't and I found a very good doctor in Atlanta this doctor does not under any circumstance care what you say or what's going on with you the only thing about money and making more than caring about his patients I would not recommend this place for anyone Who needs something done asap as in surgery they have an excellent doctor or doctors and surgeons in Atlanta Georgia who care and get things done the way they should be

February 25th, 2015
Doctor Review
Dr. Brewer is an excellent doctor and take the time to explain medical procedure to patients. He and his staff provides a high level of professional medical service.

August 7th, 2014
Happy camper
Dr .Brewer was recommended by my Gastroenterologist . The whole experience was great. I have worked in healthcare for 30 years and my experience with Dr Brewer and his staff was top notch. I had hemorrhoidectomy surgery and would recoomend others to make an appointment . Dr Brewer carefully explained everything and didnot pressure me to do anything.

February 14th, 2014
First Visit
Polite staff

February 3rd, 2014
I was very pleased with my first visit and look forward to Dr. Brewer addressing my issues and treating me.

January 22nd, 2014
I was pleased that he was prepared for a thorough follow up to determine a diagnosis.

January 6th, 2014
i have no complaints about my visit to dr. brewers office. the staff was friendly and knowledgeable and were quick to serve me. the only thing about the visit was that with me bieing male i chose a male doctor to oversee my issues and ive never seen dr. brewer and only females have seen me in this office. for me, its an uncomfortable situation but honestly has nothing to do with their experience. they were very good to me. i would recommend this facility to anyone who has the types of problems that a colorectal specialist can help them with. overall im happy with my choice and experience.

December 16th, 2013
Laparoscopic Colon Surgery
After a cancer diagnosis from my colonoscopy, my gastrologist Dr Sedghi arranged for me to see Dr Douglas Brewer within the week. My meeting with Dr Brewer explained all my questions concerning my cancer, it's form and the possibilities that it was hereditarily based. My father and a couple of his brothers had colon cancer. Dr Brewer performed my surgery Dec 2 robotic laparoscopy . My greatest fears of pain and inability to take care of myself were unfounded. My pain was 1 of 10 , soreness best describes it. My ability to move was encouraged with limitations on bending at the waist, but I was able to turn over and walk after the catheter was removed the next day. Healing has been rapid and my activities of daily walking have lengthened. I am thankful for Drs Sedghi and Dr Brewer for catching this so soon.

August 14th, 2012
i was able to get an appt with Dr Brewer fairly quickly in about 2 wks of the referral. I had to change that appt and was able to get the day and time I wanted fairly easily. Also, no time was wasted in getting through the new patient paperwork, his assistant went through her intake process quickly and then I saw Dr Brewer. He was compassionate, understanding of my problem and spent a great deal of time explaining all my options and potential outcomes and the risks associated with the proposed procedure. The decision for the procedure is left to me with no pressure from Dr. Brewer. I spent a little over an hour with Dr Brewer and did not feel rushed at all during the consultation.
Doctor's Response

Thank you for sharing your experience.

May 24th, 2012
very satisfied with Dr Brewer and entire staff
I have been to Dr Brewer's once a week for the past several months and am now facing surgery. I have seen Dr Brewer, his PA and other office staff all numerous times and I have to say that everyone in his office has always been professional, friendly and caring. I have never felt rushed by any of the staff and especially not by Dr Brewer and have rarely had to wait more than ten minutes and sometimes they have been waiting on me and there was no wait only signing in..I am very satisfied and have the utmost confidence in Dr Brewer and his staff....As for earlier posts concerning the condition of the office...it it very nicely decorated and comfortable...Dr Brewer and staff continue to keep up the good work!
Doctor's Response

Thank you so much for your comments.

April 11th, 2012
Very pleased with Dr. Brewer and staff

Thank you.

September 1st, 2011
Patient
I've been to his office several times and have never talked to him. I'm refered to the nurse p. When she comes into the room, brings no chart with her. She sits and plays twenty question with you and gets very hostile when you ask to see Dr. Brewer.The questions she ask could have been answered over the phone. STAY AWAY FROM THIS DOCTOR
Doctor's Response

We do use mid level providers in our office who spend many weeks with me prior to being allowed to see patients independently. It is my opinion that they provide excellent care to our patients. They are instructed by me to be thorough with their questions when evaluating the patient. I apologize if you felt hostility from anyone in my office. As many physicians do, we have electronic medical records now and therefore no paper charts are used and the electronic chart is reviewed prior to coming in to see the patient.