Obstetrician & Gynecologist (OB/GYN)
Video profile

2.5

Rude Doctor and Rude Staff show details Rude Doctor and Rude Staff
Feb 12th, 2015

Doctor Helm seems to have no emotions or no manners. Walked in and didn't even look at me or introduce himself. The first words that came out of his mouth were, "well I can definitely see clots". Front desk workers are a bunch of snobby girls who obviously disregard manners, if they have any. I absolutely hate people who have such miserable lives that they make others' day a drag.

Office staff is RUDE and INSENSITIVE! show details Office staff is RUDE and INSENSITIVE!
Jul 24th, 2013

This place is TERRIBLE! The office that I have been going to is the one on E Illinois Ave, so maybe their other office is better, but I don't know. What I do know is that their staff is rude, disorganized, insensitive and inconsiderate. Maybe they are okay as far as their medical knowledge, but at what cost??? They repeatedly screwed up on scheduling my appointments and insisted that it was my fault. Then the receptionist clearly demonstrated her incompetence regarding the scheduling while we were trying to sort it out, only to become so frustrated with the situation that she refused to continue to investigate what the problem was to begin with. I might add that part of the confusion with the scheduling was due to the fact that they insisted that I come down to their office (I live two hours away in the mountains mind you) for two different procedures that could very well have been done on the same day. They cited insurance and billing as the reasoning for needing to do them on different days. REALLY??? So, this is a very clear demonstration that this office, if not the medical industry as a whole is much more concerned with profits than the actual well being of a patient. I can't understand how any doctor serious about a patient's health would find it reasonable to tell a pregnant lady, on disability and having complications that she should spend 8 hours driving in the 100 degree heat in a matter of less than two days. The final straw that broke the camel's back though was when I did return for the second appointment in two days I opted to bring my husband and 3 year old with me. When we arrived at the office we were told that my family (specifically my child-who was supervised by his father) was NOT WELCOME to WAIT in the WAITING ROOM! Not just that they were not allowed in the exam room, which I could maybe have understood, but the WAITING ROOM. (Which was basically empty) They were told they had to either wait in the hall or in a lobby on the first floor, which was not in fact a lobby, but a tiny receptionist's office that did not have any chairs or magazines available. WHAT SORT OF OBGYN OFFICE IS THAT INSENSITIVE TO FAMILIES??? Also, after having over a half dozen appointment's at DR Helm's, I never once was even introduced to Dr. Helm or any other associated doctor. I was only seen by ultrasound technicians or nurses. Sure makes me feel important! I ended up leaving their office in tears on more than one occasion. This is not the way that anyone should be treated, certainly not a pregnant woman. If you need a perinatal specialist find someone else!

Terrible Service show details Terrible Service
by Kingsburg Mom on Feb 16th, 2013

Not only was I not told beforehand that my children were not allowed in the waiting room, but I also had to wait an hour before being seen. I was then sent home with a CD that was supposed to contain the pictures from my ultrasound. When I got home and tried to view the pictures on my computer, I discovered it was blank. When I complained about having to wait so long, the staff members at the front desk were not apologetic...in fact, they seemed as if they didn't even care. I didn't even get to see the actual doctor either, just the sonographer. I wouldn't have ever gone to this office had I not been referred by my own OB/GYN. I hope I can be referred to a more capable office for my follow-up visit. Don't waste your time with these people. They shouldn't even be in business.

Office Staff is friendly! show details Office Staff is friendly!
Oct 26th, 2012

Dr. Helm is very knowledgeable and helped me understand what was going on.

The antichrist show details The antichrist
Aug 15th, 2012

This man is a misogynistic pig. It is ironic that he is in the business of helping women, when he seems to demean them every chance he gets. HORRIBLE PERSON, even if he is good at what he does.

Best at what he does! show details Best at what he does!
Jul 26th, 2012

Dr. Helm does not have the best bedside manner but he is definitely the only high risk OB in Fresno that I would ever see. I went to the office right next door that calls themselves perinatologists and they completely misdiagnosed my baby! Dr. Helm has helped me through two of my pregnancies now and I am so lucky I had him around. If you want somebody who is going to hold your hand through out your pregnancy then he is not your guy but if you want a doctor that will take care of your baby and do his best to make sure baby is delivered healthy and as close to term as possible then go to Dr. Helm.

Jun 28th, 2012

Left the door open while he was talking to me and i felt i had no privacy. Didnt show much emotion while talking to me.

Mar 27th, 2012

3 things that made me angry at Dr Helms.3. I was told by staff that if I was late my appointment would be cancelled. Each time I visited I was at least 15 mins early, and I had to wait 30-35 mins after my scheduled time. It didnt matter what time of day, I have been the 1st apointment of then day, the first apointment after lunch.etc2. Dr helm told me not to gain any wieght durring my pregnancy, each time I went in they took my wieght, but when I asked what my previous wieght was I was told that they dont keep track of that kind of thing.1. Dr helm asked me if the father of by baby was the father of my first baby, I said "yes" and he said, "later when your husband isn't in the room you can tell me the real story"That was just plain wrong and discusting!!!

Mar 12th, 2012

Customer/patient service at this office is horrible. The front desk staff are not accommodating to patient needs or scheduling conflicts even with advanced notice.

The sort of slippery person that went into medicine for the money show details The sort of slippery person that went into medicine for the money
by Michael R. Brown on Aug 13th, 2010

This doctor's idea of professionalism is one of the worst I've ever encountered. Deeply amoral and without compassion. Anti anything inspired or elavating of the human condition. Avoid him!