A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Douglas Katz:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
- Currently 4 of 4 stars
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Douglas Katz is Excellent.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Specialties & Research
Dr. Douglas Katz, MD is board certified in Surgery and Pediatric Surgery.
- He has special expertise in 2 areas:
- Newborn Medicine (Neonatology)
- Palliative Care
Education & Awards
Dr. Katz graduated from Virginia Commonwealth University, Richmond. He has 5 awards.
Dr. Katz has 23 hospital affiliations:
- Bryn Mawr Rehabilitation Hospital
- Main Line Hospital - Bryn Mawr
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Katz accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- United Healthcare - 2 plans
- Independence Blue Cross - 3 plans
- Horizon Blue Cross Blue Shield of New Jersey - 2 plans
- Humana - 2 plans
- Great-West Healthcare - 2 plans
- Cigna - 4 plans
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Delaware - 1 plan
- Unicare - 2 plans
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Where does Dr. Douglas A. Katz practice?
Dr. Douglas Katz practices Surgery, Pediatric Surgery, Surgical Critical Care, and Pediatrics near Wilmington, DE.
Additional practice locations include: Philadelphia, PA and Bryn Mawr, PA.
See Wilmington Surgeons, Wilmington Pediatric Surgeons, and Wilmington Pediatricians.