A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Douglas Adkins:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Douglas Adkins is Excellent.
Prepare before visiting Dr. Adkins
Metastatic Melanoma Patient Education Learn all about metastatic melanoma symptoms and treatments by reading Vitals patient education guide.Before Visiting Dr. Adkins Learn More
Specialties & Research
Dr. Douglas Adkins, MD is board certified in Internal Medicine and Medical Oncology.
- He has special expertise in 11 areas:
- Bone Marrow Transplantation
- Breast Cancer
- Graft vs Host Disease
- Head and Neck Cancer
- Lung Cancer
- Metastatic Breast Cancer
- Non-Hodgkin Lymphoma
- Soft Tissue Cancer (Sarcoma)
- Thyroid Cancer
Education & Awards
Dr. Adkins graduated from Wright State University, Dayton.
Dr. Adkins has 5 hospital affiliations:
- Barnes-Jewish West County Hospital
- Barnes Jewish Hospital
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. Douglas Ray Adkins MD is a male Internist, has 26 years of experience and practices in Internal Medicine and Medical Oncology.
- Where does Dr. Douglas R. Adkins practice?
- Dr. Douglas Adkins has 1 office location.
Dr. Douglas Adkins practices Internal Medicine and Medical Oncology near Saint Louis, MO.
See Saint Louis Internists and Saint Louis Oncologists.