Dr. Douglas Avella MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

February 25th, 2014
Terrible
I heard a lot of great things about Dr. Avella from other parents. When I brought my son there, it was an extremely long wait (roughly 1.5 hours) with no seats available. The woman at the front desk was very rude when I asked her how long the wait would approx. be. Once we got in the exam room, all he seemed to talk about was his home in Lavallette. Not impressed by him. I will NOT be going to him again.

October 16th, 2013
Dr. Avella is a genius doctor, there is no other pediatric orthopedic surgeon in New Jersey worth seeing. when my daughter was 7 months old, Dr. Avella performed bi-lateral club foot surgery on her. three months later he operated again to remove pins in one of her feet. She would not have walked if not for this surgery. We saw Dr. Avella every six months for the first 12 years of her life so she could be fitted for orthotics, and at every appointment he was always patient, courtesy and caring. I would recommend him highly. Best doctor ever.

February 25th, 2013
The Best. No contest!
Doctor Avella is the kindest, most compassionate and most intelligent physician that I have had the pleasure to meet. He has won the highest respect from patients and colleagues alike. He treated my daughter with kindness and patience while healing her. A rare find..an amazing doctor.

June 5th, 2012
THE BEST
I am a coach and parent. He treats everyone as if they are his own children. He is #1! It's that simple.

May 11th, 2012
Thank You!
Although, His office isn't close to my house and it's quite a drive. I still consider going out to his office for the love and dedication he shows in his work.

April 3rd, 2012
Amazing Doctor
First off let me say that it's been 14 years since I was treated by doctor Avella and I still remember his name. When I was 9 years old I had a limp and nothing showed on my X-rays so dr avella decided to do an MRI just to be sure nothing was there. Thankfully he did because the next morning I was rushed into surgery because I had eosinophillic granuloma. Thanks to Dr. Avella and Tommorws Children I am here today. He is an amazing doctor that I will never forgot, and feel I owe my life to.

April 13th, 2010
Diagnosis
Dr. Avella, diagnosed my son with the legg-calve perthes disease and saved my son from having limp when walking, at the age of 4-1/2 years old.