A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Douglas Reed:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
- Currently 4 of 4 stars
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Douglas Reed is Excellent.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Specialties & Research
Dr. Douglas Reed, MD is board certified in Ophthalmology.
- He has special expertise in 2 areas:
- Lens Implants (Intraocular Lens Implantation)
- Refractive Surgical Procedures
Education & Awards
Dr. Reed graduated from University of Utah, Salt Lake City.
Dr. Reed has 6 hospital affiliations:
- Mercy General Hospital
- Sutter Medical Center- Sacramento
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Reed accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- United Healthcare - 2 plans
- Blue Shield of California - 3 plans
- Unicare - 3 plans
- Anthem Blue Cross - 2 plans
- Humana - 2 plans
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Georgia - 3 plans
- Anthem - 1 plan
- Cigna - 2 plans
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Where does Dr. Douglas B. Reed practice?
Dr. Douglas Reed practices Ophthalmology near Sacramento, CA.
Additional practice locations include: Roseville, CA.
See Sacramento Ophthalmologists.