Dr. Douglas Beaman MD Patient Reviews

• Trauma Surgery Portland, OR

4.8

July 17th, 2012
best in the west
I visited Dr Beaman for a broken ankle & torn ligament - he was highly recommended and for good reason - he is the "Dude" to see for getting you to recovery - seemed thorough and knowledgeable and experienced. Great to talk to and communicate with also.

December 12th, 2011
Dr Beaman is kind and competent but to get an appointment is extremely difficult. Due to my insurance restriction on him, he is only at the authorized location once a week. It takes a week for them to call back. He was not very clear about instructions on my care at home.

May 24th, 2011
great doc and staff!
In late 2002, I incurred (!) a trimalleolar ankle fx with dislocation. I was put back together in emergency surgery by another outstanding ortho doc. After a year - and due to the severity of the injury - my ankle wasn't back to where it should be. I was recommended to Dr. Beaman for further analysis. Awesome recommendation because he took the time to explain my options and I was fully informed regarding the path I chose to take. After distraction surgery (external fixator), alot of physical therapy - and now it is 8 years later - I can say that it was successful. There are some limitations and I have had to modify some activities, but w/o his intervention - I believe that I would have significantly more issues. He and his staff were exemplary in their care - he paid attention to what was going on and was dedicated to my successful recovery. In the lower extremity ortho world - he is a total rock star and I recommend him at every opportunity.

March 29th, 2011
CMT Foot Reconstruction
I had visited several orth'. surgeons over a period of 30 yrs. All had concluded there was nothing that could be done to correct my deteriorating CMT right foot, which by age 47 had become quite debilitating. As a former distance runner, hiker and bicyclist, I was frustrated and ready to try anything! A local orthopedist put me in a steel ankle brace and referred me to Dr. Beaman in 2001, as "the guy who can fix it if anybody can". Dr. Beaman promptly diagnosed the problem and recommended possible surgical solutions. I had three stages of surgery between '01 and '06, the last involving use of an adjusting external frame for 4 months. Now 5 yrs later I consider the results to be outstanding. I can basically do anything I want on that foot again with no pain and greatly improved stability. Dr. Beaman and the clinic staff were always prompt, friendly, listened, and always seemed truely interested in my condition and improvement. I have frequently recommended him to people I encounter with foot or ankle problems.

September 22nd, 2010
Miracle Worker
In 2008 Dr. Beaman reconstructed my right foot after it was completely crushed by a horse. Doctors in my area, Willamette Valley wouldn't consider reconstructing it nor would another Doctor in Portland however, Dr. Beaman was optimistic and willing to do so. He did amazing! Love him and his staff!

June 24th, 2009
Dr. Beaman saved not only my husband's leg but his life. All other doctors had given us no hope. Dr. Beaman is kind, caring and gifted. We will always be in his debt.

November 17th, 2008
Dr. Beaman is a caring, compassionate man. While he has a very busy practice he seems to have all the time in the world when he is with you. His nurse is an exceptional woman.