Orthopedic Surgeons

501 N Graham St
Ste 250
Eliot, Portland, OR 97227
503-249-0719
Locations and availability (5)

|  best in the west  |  show details
Jul 17th, 2012

I visited Dr Beaman for a broken ankle & torn ligament - he was highly recommended and for good reason - he is the "Dude" to see for getting you to recovery - seemed thorough and knowledgeable and experienced. Great to talk to and communicate with also.

Dec 12th, 2011

Dr Beaman is kind and competent but to get an appointment is extremely difficult. Due to my insurance restriction on him, he is only at the authorized location once a week. It takes a week for them to call back. He was not very clear about instructions on my care at home.

|  great doc and staff!  |  show details
May 24th, 2011

In late 2002, I incurred (!) a trimalleolar ankle fx with dislocation. I was put back together in emergency surgery by another outstanding ortho doc. After a year - and due to the severity of the injury - my ankle wasn't back to where it should be. I was recommended to Dr. Beaman for further analysis. Awesome recommendation because he took the time to explain my options and I was fully informed regarding the path I chose to take. After distraction surgery (external fixator), alot of physical therapy - and now it is 8 years later - I can say that it was successful. There are some limitations and I have had to modify some activities, but w/o his intervention - I believe that I would have significantly more issues. He and his staff were exemplary in their care - he paid attention to what was going on and was dedicated to my successful recovery. In the lower extremity ortho world - he is a total rock star and I recommend him at every opportunity.

|  CMT Foot Reconstruction  |  show details
by Eric Paulson on Mar 29th, 2011

I had visited several orth'. surgeons over a period of 30 yrs. All had concluded there was nothing that could be done to correct my deteriorating CMT right foot, which by age 47 had become quite debilitating. As a former distance runner, hiker and bicyclist, I was frustrated and ready to try anything! A local orthopedist put me in a steel ankle brace and referred me to Dr. Beaman in 2001, as "the guy who can fix it if anybody can". Dr. Beaman promptly diagnosed the problem and recommended possible surgical solutions. I had three stages of surgery between '01 and '06, the last involving use of an adjusting external frame for 4 months. Now 5 yrs later I consider the results to be outstanding. I can basically do anything I want on that foot again with no pain and greatly improved stability. Dr. Beaman and the clinic staff were always prompt, friendly, listened, and always seemed truely interested in my condition and improvement. I have frequently recommended him to people I encounter with foot or ankle problems.

|  Miracle Worker  |  show details
by D. Richards on Sep 22nd, 2010

In 2008 Dr. Beaman reconstructed my right foot after it was completely crushed by a horse. Doctors in my area, Willamette Valley wouldn't consider reconstructing it nor would another Doctor in Portland however, Dr. Beaman was optimistic and willing to do so. He did amazing! Love him and his staff!

Jun 24th, 2009

Dr. Beaman saved not only my husband's leg but his life. All other doctors had given us no hope. Dr. Beaman is kind, caring and gifted. We will always be in his debt.

by Nancy Emert Kelley on Nov 17th, 2008

Dr. Beaman is a caring, compassionate man. While he has a very busy practice he seems to have all the time in the world when he is with you. His nurse is an exceptional woman.