A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Douglas Birns:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
- Currently 3 of 4 stars
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Douglas Birns is Good.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Specialties & Research
Dr. Douglas Birns, MD is board certified in Urology.
- He has special expertise in 5 areas:
- Benign Prostatic HypertrophyBPH
- Kidney Cancer
- Oncology / Cancer
- Prostate Cancer Prostatic Neoplasm
- Urinary Bladder Cancer
Education & Awards
Dr. Birns graduated from State University of New York Downstate, Brooklyn. He has 1 awards.
Dr. Birns has 12 hospital affiliations:
- Lenox Hill Hospital
- North General Hospital
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. Douglas Ross Birns MD is a male Urologist, has 28 years of experience and practices in Urology.
- Where does Dr. Douglas R. Birns practice?
- Dr. Douglas Birns has 1 office location.
Dr. Douglas Birns practices Urology near New York, NY.
See New York Urologists.