Dr. Douglas Bovee MD Patient Reviews

• Internal Medicine Eugene, OR

3.9

February 16th, 2013
A wolf in sheeps clothing
I have been under Dr. bovee's care for over five years and feel like he is a stranger. He has no compassion, claims to be an addiction specialist, yet prescribes highly addictive medication and then does nothing to help you withdrawal or overcome your addiction. It's was the purpose of my seeing him. He made me feel like less than a human, a liar and a cheat. By prescribing the meds that he did (knowing my psychiatric health history) he was careless, and caused more damage emotionally and physically than any doctors in my life combined. Imrecently had to leave town within one hour and forgot my medications. He was unreachable, refusing to return my calls, and when I did speak to him" while in a different state, he said and I quote, "there's nothing I can do for you and at this point I think you should find another doctor." He left me high and dry to detox while I had friends and family grieving all around me because of a death. The focus turned to me, which was not only unfair but also directly because of Dr Bovee's unprofessionalism, lack of compassion and down right greed. I would not send my worst enemy to him. If you suffer from oppiate addiction" please, please find someone that will take the time and care about your well being. Ps. Sorry Dr. Bovee no more $160 for 10 minutes of your time.

October 12th, 2012
Great Doctor
I have seen Dr Bovee for over 10 years. He has always been a caring and a thoughtfull doctor. He will spend as much time as needed to talk over your care. Very thorough.

September 6th, 2012
Great Doctor.

May 1st, 2012
i spent more time in the waiting room then i did with dr bovee if you want terrible care then bovee is the one to see. he's not there to help he a robot there for a few min wrights your prescribtion and your off, if you want real care go some where else. the final straw was when i was trying to fill my prescribtion 12 hours early so i wouldnt run out but doctor bovee would allow it call the office and talk to him he told me to stick it out!!!! dr bovee is a burn out dont go see him!!!!!!!
Doctor's Response

We appreciate your feedback and strive to give our patients the best experience possible. Your comments will be reviewed for consideration and we hope any future encounters will be much more pleasant.

February 20th, 2012
Dr. doesn't really listen
The Dr. doesn't really listen to the patient. The doctor too readily prescribes lots strong medication targeting just a specific area instead of looking at the whole problem. I was really put off when I was referred to a specialist and he basically just read off the results--which I could have done--and couldn't provide any information. It was as if he just wanted to collect the visit fee.
Doctor's Response

September 16th, 2008
A Good Doctor
He is smart, and knows enough to know when he needs another that has skill beyond his.Decent human being, trust-worthy.