Dr. Douglas Boylan Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Douglas Boylan?

• Good
  • Bad
  • Good
  • Bad

July 4th, 2017

Rotator Cuff Surgery

The best experience I've ever had. Dr. Boylan is easy to talk to and explains everything. He operated on my shoulder and hardly had any pain afterwards. Within a month I had full use of my arm. It's been 18 months since the surgery and still feels great. I would recommend him highly.

April 13th, 2016

Average

Nice guy and seems knowledgeable, but missed my diagnosis. I went to him complaining that my fracture never healed, another doctor confirmed this, and wanted to hear my options since I was in pain still. He told me that nonunions are very rare and that it wasn't the reason for my pain. Well, I had the MRI and sure enough it was a nonunion. The small fracture was still there from months ago. I saw a specialized orthopedic surgeon, apparently one of the best in his field, who told me that the nonunion was beginning to cause me arthritis, also seen on the MRI, from it being so longstanding. This would only get worse unless I got it treated and it explained why the pain came back. I had surgery shortly after and am now completely better and back to myself and can do everything I was able to do before I got injured. Very grateful I sought the second opinion and got it taken care of. Overall though, Dr. Boylan seems like an excellent doctor, definitely spends time with his patients, but I wish he wasn't so dismissive and listened to me a little more early on. I think he is better for general things- meniscus tears, etc but for more specialized injuries I would like elsewhere.

February 4th, 2016

I would recommend my own father to Dr. Boylan. He gives you a whole 15 minutes and is very honest. doesnt give you false expectations. He is a great doctor.

August 7th, 2015

pretty good

He listens to you, and spends time with you, which I really liked. More importantly though, if the condition is too specialized he'll refer you to a more specialized orthopedist who can help. Some doctors are too arrogant they won't admit when they're not comfortable treating something. He isn't one of them and I appreciated it because I was able to get the treatment I needed to get better.

June 29th, 2015

Great doctor

I was so pleased with this appointment I'd go back to him for any orthopaedic issue. I told my sister about him who also had an appointment and she said he was awesome. He is polite and very thorough.

November 6th, 2013

Great practice

Dr. Boylan and his staff are both professional and friendly. I've been to see Dr. Boylan for various problems over the years and he takes a conservative approach with much forethought.

May 16th, 2013

Dr. Boylan reconstructed my 17 year old daughter's ACL and did a fabulous job. He is very professional, caring, explains things well. I would recommend him to anyone for this surgery.

June 7th, 2011

Great Ortho!

I went to Dr. Boylan first because it was the quickest appointment I could make for my Achilles tendon rupture. He was very professional, thorough and has great bedside manner. I have also heard many successful stories from people who also went to see him. I would strongly recommend him to anyone else.

May 10th, 2017