A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Douglas Burton:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
- Currently 3.5 of 4 stars
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Douglas Burton is Excellent.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Specialties & Research
- He has special expertise in 4 areas:
- Hip Osteoarthritis
- Knee Osteoarthritis
- Osteoarthritis (Hand and Wrist)
Education & Awards
Dr. Burton graduated from The University of Texas at Galveston.
Dr. Burton has 2 hospital affiliations:
- University Of Kansas Hospital
- University of Kansas Medical Center
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Burton accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Kansas City - 3 plans
- United Healthcare - 15 plans
- Humana - 3 plans
- Cigna - 3 plans
- Family Health Partners - 2 plans
- Missouri Medicaid - 1 plan
- Aetna - 3 plans
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Kansas - 4 plans
- Great-West Healthcare - 2 plans
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Where does Dr. Douglas C. Burton practice?
Dr. Douglas Burton practices Orthopaedic Surgery near Kansas City, KS.
Additional practice locations include: Hutchinson, KS and Shawnee, KS.
See Kansas City Orthopedic Surgeons.