A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Douglas Canning:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
- Currently 4 of 4 stars
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Douglas Canning is Excellent.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Specialties & Research
Dr. Douglas Canning, MD is board certified in Urology and Pediatric Urology.
- He has special expertise in 22 areas:
- Bladder Exstrophy
- Fetal Diseases
- Kidney Cancer
- Kidney Transplant (Renal Transplant)
- Male Infertility
- Male Urologic Surgical Procedures
- Nasal Allergy (Rhinitis)
- Nephrectomy (Kidney Removal)
- Spermatic Cord Torsion
- Testicular Diseases
- Testis Cancer (Testicular Neoplasm)
- Urinary Bladder Outlet Obstruction
- Urinary Catheterization
- Urinary Incontinence
- Urinary Tract Infections (UTI)
- > Show all expertise
Education & Awards
Dr. Canning graduated from Dartmouth College, Hanover. He has 7 awards.
Dr. Canning has 5 hospital affiliations:
- Hospital of the University of PA
- Children's Hospital of Philadelphia
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Canning accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- United Healthcare - 2 plans
- Independence Blue Cross - 2 plans
- Great-West Healthcare - 2 plans
- Horizon Blue Cross Blue Shield of New Jersey - 3 plans
- Unicare - 2 plans
- Oxford Health Plans - 2 plans
- United Health Group, Inc. - Americhoice - 1 plan
- Cigna - 3 plans
- Humana - 2 plans
- Aetna - 3 plans
- Highmark Blue Cross Blue Shield - 3 plans
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Where does Dr. Douglas A. Canning practice?
Dr. Douglas Canning practices Urology, Pediatric Urology, Allergy & Immunology, and Pediatrics near Chalfont, PA.
Additional practice locations include: Philadelphia, PA and King Of Prussia, PA.
See Chalfont Urologists, Chalfont Allergists, and Chalfont Pediatricians.