Douglas Chepeha MD Patient Reviews

September 11th, 2015
Dr. Chepeha is an excellent doctor, he is caring and thorough. He is truly there for his patients and put my mind at ease. Would highly recommend him.

April 26th, 2015
Excellent physician, assistant nurse needs fired!

January 17th, 2014
A great Doctor with a wonderful staff
My ENT Doctor could not figure out what was wrong with me so she sent me to UOM to see Dr. Chepeha. I arrived at around midnight on a Friday night and was seen by 3 doctors right away. Dr. Chepeha and Dr. Spector saved my life and gave me back my quality of life. His staff especially Tammi and the 4th floor nurses who took care of me are angels. I would recommend This great Hospital and all the nurses and Doctors there.

October 28th, 2013
I almost died while I was an inpatient at the University of Michigan under the "care" of this physician. I had an infection of my surgical site and was asking for medical aide. Instead, no one helped me. My nurse discharged me and I was told to leave the hospital. I could not even get out of my hospital bed, let alone leave the hospital. This went on for hours. My brother-in-law, a physician himself, paged my U of M physician and told him to "get out of the OR and go check on me." The physician ended up doing an emergency bedside incision & drainage to drain pus around the infected site and open my airway. This was not documented in my medical record. I had to stay in the hospital an additional 10 days and received another surgery. After discharge I had to repeatedly ask for follow-up care. I had more infections and had to have several more surgeries to try and fix the damage from the original post-op infection. The response and documentation by this physician to my post-op problems was unacceptable. Very sad that this behavior is going on and vulnerable patients are made to suffer.

June 11th, 2013
A godsend at a difficult time
A great surgeon as well as a fantastic and kind human being.

May 10th, 2013
Amazing Doctor
My father and I are both alive because of this man. Two doctors had written my dad off - stage IV cancer. Dr. Chepeha treated him. Years later, my dad is still here and is a survivor. The first doctor I had a consult with told me not to expect to survive my surgery. I'm here...This man is the best of the best.

September 4th, 2012
Dr. Chepeha and staff are the best of the best. I am really happy he is my Doctor. I nwiah all my Doctors where as good as him

June 13th, 2012
I went to Dr. Chepeha for a second opinion when my cancer resurfaced after 7 years. His caring professional approach put me at ease. I trust him completely.

February 28th, 2012
Dr Chepeha is the best of the best. His medical knowledge and expertise are outstanding. You are not just another patient to him you are a person . He takes his time toget to know you. When I came to Dr. Chepeha my other Doctors have given up on me and I was in deep depression and ready to give up. He took my case onand treated me and give my life back to me. At no point was he ready to give up .My only regret was I didnt go him in the first place for my surgery. He is wonderful.Dr. Chepehas staff are also outstanding and very helpful. They all are complete professionals.

February 27th, 2012
Dr. Chepeha has been treating me for twelve years. I feel I always get excellent care. He is a kind, caring doctor and the treatment I have received the past twelve years has been wonderful. I know without him I would not be here today. I would say that his staff is just great, very helpful. Dr. Chepeha listens and answers your questions truthfully. No matter how down you might be feeling a visit to him lifts your spirts. All of my cancer treatment has been at the University of Michigan hospital and it has always been a positive experience.

August 13th, 2011
Careful
My experience with this doctor and institution was horrific. They care more about themselves and do not put the patient's needs first. I would go elsewhere for medical care and would never allow my family,friends or loved ones to seek care from this doctor or hospital. The only area they excelled in was billing me and my insurance company.Patient/Buyer Beware!

June 25th, 2011
Dr Chepaha is complete jerk. He has a g-d complex. He is rude to his patients and other doctors that took care of me. The last thing I remembered before he operated on me was him swearing. do not see this doctor.