Psychiatrist

Patient Reviews ? Write a Review

1.0

|  He was amazing!  |  show details
by Susan K Borden on May 13th, 2014

I met Dr. Cosgrove when i was admitted to Belmont Psychiatric Hospital in April of 2008. While you can imagine this was less than the ideal circumstance i was expecting professional and competent care. When i arrived i was in despair and quite suicidal after having been transported from Aria Bucks county for an intentional overdose of pills. When I first presented to Dr. Cosgrove aside from my depression i was having symptoms that i can only describe as spasms, resembling seizures if you watched my body shake and eventually fall off the furniture, my face contorting and my back teeth biting down hard. I was scared and confused---I had no history of anything like this, my husband was freaked out, he'd never seen me like this. I begged Dr Cosgrove to please look in my chart, this had to be related to the coma i had been in? perhaps to the drug over dose i had taken? But at the end of our first session Dr, Cosgrove was certain; I was simply stressed and could "BEHAVE" if i so chose. "Behave?" I thought whose the crazy one here? But behave i tried because if you're scared alone and suicidal the last person who you want thinking that you are uncooperative, is your psychiatrist. Eventually (since this turned out to be a reaction to an anti-nausea drug that had been given to me at ARIA, one that i can't tolerate well) after being transferred to the psychotic ward where they house the criminally convicted and those who are not lucid ( where with my luck i was mistaken regularly for staff and had patients request that i help "pull up their underwear" as well as had others steal food from my tray) for punishment by Dr. Cosgrove ( no kidding--he did it to see if it would convince me to behave better) and then back to the mood disorders (or depression and bipolar ward--i called it the penthouse after my days in the main hospital) unit the anti-nausea drug began to clear my system and i wasn't seen falling down again. I can Honestly say that Dr douglas Cosgrove...well why don't you decide what you think about Dr Cosgrove yourself?