Dr. Douglas Cotsamire MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

3.0
  • 1 comment

no change

Showing 1 - 1 review

December 6th, 2014
Avoid
I was referred to Dr. Cotsamire in 1996, with my endocrinologist and primary doctor both strongly suspecting either Marfan syndrome or Ehlers-Danlos syndrome. After an extremely brief exam, I was told that I had neither. Dr. Cotsamire was extremely patronizing, and laughed off my other doctors' reports of hypermobility, syncope, skin elasticity, Raynauds, and other relevant symptoms. My doctors trusted Dr. Cotsamire, and spent years trying to get to the bottom of my health issues. In 2013, I was referred to a new rheumatologist. The new doctor read over my medical history, and then actually took the time to assess my hypermobility and rheumatoid factor. He stated that it was obvious that I was born with Ehlers-Danlos syndrome, and made the appropriate diagnosis. Dr. Cotsamire caused my diagnosis to be delayed 17 years. This put my health at risk, while also wasting time and money as my other doctors attempted to come up with an alternate diagnosis. I would not recommend Dr. Cotsamire, as I seriously question his knowledge and ability to properly diagnose and treat patients.