Dr. Douglas Cotsamire Is this you?

3.3

Have you seen Dr. Douglas Cotsamire?

Not Recommended

Posted on November 17th, 2017

I was referred to Dr. Cotsamire in 1996, with my endocrinologist and primary doctor both strongly suspecting either Marfan syndrome or Ehlers-Danlos syndrome. After an extremely brief exam, I was told that I had neither. Dr. Cotsamire was extremely patronizing, and laughed off my other doctors' reports of hypermobility, syncope, skin elasticity, Raynauds, and other relevant symptoms. My doctors trusted Dr. Cotsamire, and spent years trying to get to the bottom of my health issues. In 2013, I was referred to a new rheumatologist. The new doctor read over my medical history, and then actually took the time to assess my hypermobility and rheumatoid factor. He stated that it was obvious that I was born with Ehlers-Danlos syndrome, and made the appropriate diagnosis. Dr. Cotsamire caused my diagnosis to be delayed 17 years. This put my health at risk, while also wasting time and money as my other doctors attempted to come up with an alternate diagnosis. I would not recommend Dr. Cotsamire, as I seriously question his knowledge and ability to properly diagnose and treat patients.

If you don't care about bedside manner you can see this doc.

Posted on October 21st, 2016