Dr. Douglas Dennis MD Patient Reviews

• Good
  • Bad

January 29th, 2014
Former patient
I have to echo the sentiment of the previous reviewer. Dr Dennis seems detached from his patients post surgery care. I also had a hard time reaching him to answer the simplest of questions. I basically felt abandoned after treatment. It could be youth and inexperience. I also found him to be very by the book and seems to lack a lot of real world and personable experience. Patient care is more dynamic and not so cookie cutter. If I am in need of additional treatment I will look elsewhere.

June 11th, 2013
Initially very responsive and receptive
I have seen this doctor once only - for arthrocentesis of a knee. Dr. Dennis appears as a very on the ball doctor with skill, caring and devotion. His staff are personable and pleasant. He states he personally calls his patients post procedure - within 24 hours....that did not occur. He states he will call to discuss the results of the labwork ... that did not occur. He performed the minor procedure and has since decided that was all I need regardless of the outcome and in fact I called with a severe reaction to the medication he injected into the joint and I was told to go to my PCP. I have to offer advice here, do not let someone inject something without fully discussing side effects and if you tend to react to things - remember like I did not, with a injection into a joint, its not like a pill ....one cannot just stop taking the medication when you react to it badly! He thinks inside the box, goes strictly by the book. I suppose this is because he is so young, he has not had enough variety of patient experiences and patient responses - so If you fall outside of the boxed parameters, you will not be cared for well here. My body has NEVER followed the medical books. I would have liked to know he thought this way and would not have come here. I prefer medical practitioners who believe we know our bodies better than they do, who knows that a person is an individual and does not routinely follow a set of medical criteria, and that comfortably stepping outside the box is what good physicians do. I did speak with him on the phone at length trying to get him to understand what I am going through - and he would not be swayed from his box criteria :O( Don't go here unless you are a very typical patient with no unusual responses as this MD cannot handle you.

August 16th, 2016