inactive

Douglas F Crane MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

March 25th, 2015
Absolutely Best Psychiatrist especially for addiction
Dr. Crane is a very caring doctor. He goes out of his way to help his patients. He is extremely knowledgeable in the field of addiction. He does have narcolepsy, which means he may dose off for a few seconds but it does not interfere with therapy. I once asked if I was boring him when he dosed off before I knew of his narcolepsy. He hadn't missed a word I said and repeated my words to prove it.

September 24th, 2014
best in the industry
brilliant, best psychiatrist in South Carolina

December 30th, 2013
Would NEVER use this man/dr. again .He makes an obvious mistake Tries to make patient believe it is their mistake. Calls the patient names. He obviously has a SMALL MAN complex. His time is so fast in and out of the patient room, You cannot even ask him a question He is very cocky, and Not as smart as he thinks he is.. Not worth my time or money. An X=patient by choice

October 26th, 2011
Fantastic therapist
Very, very intelligent and insightful. As someone else said, he's not a control freak, and will consider your opinions and ideas. He seems to approach therapy with more of a teamwork perspective, which is my preference in any doctor I see for any reasons. He has an impressive breadth and depth of experience. Two things to be prepared for: he's narcoleptic, and sometimes nods off during sessions, though typically not for more than a few seconds. Also, it's not uncommon to wait at least half an hour for your appointment. This is because he frequently runs over as needed with clients. Everyone just accepts this, because they know he's going to run over with them at some point, too :) It's actually kind of cool how patient everyone is. He's the only one there, no receptionist or anything. I find that the wait is well worth it. I've had to leave a couple of times when he's been *really* backed up, just because I have kids and can't spare that much time away, but I've never minded. I appreciate that he shows the same care and concern during my appointments, and somtimes, I'm the person he's running over with. On the whole, I recommend him whole-heartedly, especially for issues with addiction or dissociation. However, if you're looking for someone who will just hand you all the "answers" on a silver platter and tell you what to do, he's not what you're looking for.

August 30th, 2010
I wish all doctors were. . . .
. . . . like Dr. CraneI highly recommend him because he listens to what you are saying & what you are not actually saying. He's very intelligent and keeps up to date on a variety of subjects. He calls personally to reschedule missed appointments. He is not a control-freak and let's you make suggestions and ask questions about your therapy. He has a gentle firmness & genuine caring for his patients.