Dr. Douglas Fletcher Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Douglas Fletcher?

Type 2 Diabetes

Type 2 Diabetes

Have you seen Dr. Douglas Fletcher?

8 Ratings with 1 Comment

• Good
  • Bad
  • Good
  • Bad

Showing 8 Ratings with 1 Comment

September 9th, 2016

A Doctor That Finally Gets ME!

I was first a little off put my the location and then had to wait 1.5 hours (waiting room and in patient room) in order to get a one on one with Dr. Fletcher. FYI, I made an appt a month before. I was ready to walk out and cut my losses but I drove 1.5 hours since he is the only one that I haven't tried that takes my insurance. There is a reason why he is late, working at the hospital and many other things so I can blame the Doctor or office. I was beyond relieved to find he is the most understanding and personable doctor I have yet to encounter regarding insomnia. He was the first to recognize that it has nothing to do with sleep apnea and there for didn't schedule a sleep study (which was a breath of fresh air!). Every other doctor scheduled this right off the bat! He listed to my story and actually listened to what meds I was taking, what didn't work, why it didn't work, etc. He is making sure I get on the right track with finding the right medicine so I can get a good nights sleep. I mentioned that I did live very far away and he is accommodating with my schedule to make sure I can discuss the new medicine over the phone rather than taking an afternoon off of work. Of course I have to come in for a follow up but not for a month, rather then weekly. I would highly, HIGHLY recommend Dr. Fletcher. You don't find many doctors that take the extra time to actually understand each person's individual history, issues, etc. Plus he is funny and is on your level, rather than some doctor's that talk above and over you. He makes sure you feel comfortable with what he prescribes and the plan he wants to take. Ok, I will say it, I love him and I only visited once. And the front desk, SO FRIENDLY! That makes such a huge difference in how you feel since they are the first and last interaction you have.

May 16th, 2017