A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Douglas Gaasterland:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Douglas Gaasterland is Good.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Specialties & Research
Dr. Douglas Gaasterland, MD is board certified in Ophthalmology.
- He has special expertise in 5 areas:
- Glaucoma Surgery (Trabeculectomy)
- Laser Surgery
- Open-Angle Glaucoma
- Vision Disorders
Education & Awards
Dr. Gaasterland graduated from Johns Hopkins University, Baltimore. He has 2 awards.
Dr. Gaasterland has 6 hospital affiliations:
- Sibley Memorial Hospital
- George Washington Univ Hospital
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. Douglas Eugene Gaasterland MD is a male Ophthalmologist, has 46 years of experience and practices in Ophthalmology.
- Where does Dr. Douglas E. Gaasterland practice?
- Dr. Douglas Gaasterland has 5 office locations.
Dr. Douglas Gaasterland practices Ophthalmology near Chevy Chase, MD.
Additional practice locations include: Fairfax, VA and Washington, DC.
See Chevy Chase Ophthalmologists.