Surgical Specialist, Orthopaedic Surgeon

Some ratings provided by DrScore.
L show details L
by Lauren L. on Feb 15th, 2015

My surgery with Dr. Geiger was the absolute worst experience of my life. I was screaming in pain with absolutely no relief for over 24 hours following my surgery. It was an incredibly traumatic experence. Dr. Geiger has no compassion and treated me like crap during the entire experience.

Microdisectomy Lumbar show details Microdisectomy Lumbar
by Eva on Sep 11th, 2013

Dr Douglas Gieger is very professional and compassionate doctor. He immedietly took me as his patient after he learned that my first surgery from a different surgeon failed. Dr Gieger saw from my post op MRI that the reherniation in my L5-S1 is twice as much after the first surgery. He knew how miserable I was with so much pain and numbness . So he offered to do surgery on me right away and squeezed me in to his hectic schedule . The following week, he did microdisectomy and and was discharged the same day, walking with no more nerve pain and numbness. Now I don"t even need tons of nerve or pain/narcotic medicines. I am feeling great! Dr Gieger is an excellent orthopaedic surgeon. I am highly recommending him to anyone.

Back operation show details Back operation
Aug 12th, 2013

Back operation performed, only provided relief for 6 mos. 2wks after operation, staples removed, wound blew open. Nurse stated "not again, 4th one blown open that week. keep telling him to sew deeper. Well, we'll have to let it heal from inside out now" She then proceeded to dig around and remove stitching and tissue w/o any topical anasthesia, or otherwise. Pain was excruciating, was told to hold still and take it. Given some dressings after, along with some seaweed dressing that wife had to shove down into wound, every dressing change. Nurse(Peggy), had very gruff and calleous attitude akin to not liking her job. She also complained about having to supply dressing changing materials, because clinic mgmt. was trying to save money. "That I should go out and buy it myself" After an expensive operation with a mistake! Incision became infected within 3 wks after operation, was experiencing night sweats and hot flashes, very unusual. Complained about infection, was told no temp, no infection. In extreme pain for 3 mos., after operation, incision not healing, wife having to squeeze affected area to relieve pressure, obtaining a shot glass of pus each time, before redressing area, including shoving seaweed down into hole. Went through heck, lots of PAIN!. Finally after much complaining, another surgeon went back in, repaired incision the right way, along with a very large 10 day dose of antibiotic. Incision healed within 2 wks. Bad scar though. Never again. Wouldn't let Geiger, or nurse, work on my dog. Stay away!

Jul 13th, 2012

I thought Dr. Geiger was very good. As a matter of fact I'm trying to get my son in to see him.

by BR, Ypsilanti on Nov 15th, 2009

Dr. Geiger is a fellowship-trained spine surgeon, which is the top training that a doctor can have. I found him to emphasize non-surgical options first, which is what I liked best.