inactive

Douglas F Geiger Patient Reviews

Overall Review

3.1

September 11th, 2015
Disappointed in Follow Up
I had a difficult surgery 13 years ago - I chose Dr. Geiger after thinking about this surgery for over 4 yrs. He was the best in the area. My surgery went well- had some complications with fluid 3 month later, but that cleared in another 3 months. ..now-present day-wanted to see him and talk about most current problems-2 of my regular doctors said to go to him to find the source of my balance, weakness,and neuropathy . I had to see the PA - never got to see the Doctor. The PA went on vacation before I got my report in almost a month's time. When she did call - did not want to talk more than 2 minutes , although I had many unanswered questions. Meanwhile, I was hoping to get some insight on my current condition - office said go back to your other doctors. I tried to schedule twice - same negative answer.

September 11th, 2013
Microdisectomy Lumbar
Dr Douglas Gieger is very professional and compassionate doctor. He immedietly took me as his patient after he learned that my first surgery from a different surgeon failed. Dr Gieger saw from my post op MRI that the reherniation in my L5-S1 is twice as much after the first surgery. He knew how miserable I was with so much pain and numbness . So he offered to do surgery on me right away and squeezed me in to his hectic schedule . The following week, he did microdisectomy and and was discharged the same day, walking with no more nerve pain and numbness. Now I don"t even need tons of nerve or pain/narcotic medicines. I am feeling great! Dr Gieger is an excellent orthopaedic surgeon. I am highly recommending him to anyone.

July 13th, 2012
I thought Dr. Geiger was very good. As a matter of fact I'm trying to get my son in to see him.

November 15th, 2009
Dr. Geiger is a fellowship-trained spine surgeon, which is the top training that a doctor can have. I found him to emphasize non-surgical options first, which is what I liked best.