Dr. Douglas Geiger Jr MD, FACS, MS Patient Reviews

• Good
  • Bad

September 12th, 2015
Disappointed in Follow Up
I had a difficult surgery 13 years ago - I chose Dr. Geiger after thinking about this surgery for over 4 yrs. He was the best in the area. My surgery went well- had some complications with fluid 3 month later, but that cleared in another 3 months. ..now-present day-wanted to see him and talk about most current problems-2 of my regular doctors said to go to him to find the source of my balance, weakness,and neuropathy . I had to see the PA - never got to see the Doctor. The PA went on vacation before I got my report in almost a month's time. When she did call - did not want to talk more than 2 minutes , although I had many unanswered questions. Meanwhile, I was hoping to get some insight on my current condition - office said go back to your other doctors. I tried to schedule twice - same negative answer.
Doctor's Response

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. First and foremost, I would like to apologize for any inconvenience we may have caused you. Above all else, providing excellent medical care is our main goal. Given the opportunity, I would like to learn more details about your experience. Please contact me at your convenience. Sincerely, ANN ARBOR SPINE CENTER Dr. Geiger 734-434-4110

September 11th, 2013
Microdisectomy Lumbar
Dr Douglas Gieger is very professional and compassionate doctor. He immedietly took me as his patient after he learned that my first surgery from a different surgeon failed. Dr Gieger saw from my post op MRI that the reherniation in my L5-S1 is twice as much after the first surgery. He knew how miserable I was with so much pain and numbness . So he offered to do surgery on me right away and squeezed me in to his hectic schedule . The following week, he did microdisectomy and and was discharged the same day, walking with no more nerve pain and numbness. Now I don"t even need tons of nerve or pain/narcotic medicines. I am feeling great! Dr Gieger is an excellent orthopaedic surgeon. I am highly recommending him to anyone.

July 13th, 2012
I thought Dr. Geiger was very good. As a matter of fact I'm trying to get my son in to see him.

November 15th, 2009
Dr. Geiger is a fellowship-trained spine surgeon, which is the top training that a doctor can have. I found him to emphasize non-surgical options first, which is what I liked best.

June 5th, 2016