Dr. Douglas Greer MD, PC Patient Reviews

no change

• Good
  • Bad

June 3rd, 2017
Role model for all doctors - with Saturday hours!
My experience with Dr Greer was outstanding. On an overseas flight I had an acute allergic reaction to my contact lenses which left my eyes, inflamed, fire engine red and sensitive to light. After landing I went to the emergency room and was told to get to an Opthamologist ASAP after waiting 5 hours and given a prescription that didn't help.I looked up doctors on google who had Saturday hours and came across Dr Greer's name. I called the number expecting to get a voicemail given it was a late Friday night and to my surprise DR Greer answered immediately and said he would see me in the morning. His office is conveniently located in downtown DC next to metro center metro stop. I walked right in to see him with no wait time involved. Dr Greer ran several tests and gave me several drops even before leaving the office to get my treatment started. And he had all prescriptions right there in the office-no need to go elsewhere. He made a follow on appointment with me two days later and has been contacting me by phone to track my progress. In today's fast paced 9-5 lifestyle it is rare to find a doctor like Dr Greer who genuinely cares for his patients and is literally responsive 24/7. I would have suffered tremendously had I not found him-so very glad I did!!!

December 19th, 2014
Outstanding
Excellent in every way - prompt, thorough, efficient, correct diagnosis.

April 16th, 2012
Truly excellent doctor
Have been visiting ophthamologists since I was eight years old, which is quite a while, and he gave me the most thorough exam I've ever had. Truly knowledgeable and caring doctor, and I will definitely be back and recommend him to friends and family. Location was also easy, with convenient parking and also Metro convenience.

May 21st, 2011
Very reassuring visit
I went into my visit with Dr. Greer really afraid I had a serious problem. His examination was extremely detailed and careful, and at the end he explained my situation, prescribed medication, and instructed me on how how to take care of my eyes. At my follow-up, the problem was completely resolved. What a relief! I will definitely return.

January 22nd, 2011
Outstanding doctor
Dr. Greer gave me the best eye exam I've ever had, explaining everything as we went along. I really appreciated being treated like an intelligent person. And his prices are very reasonable, especially for an uninsured person.

April 3rd, 2010
I have had several appointments with Dr. Greer. He is careful, thorough, not rushed and spends as much time as needed to explain what is happening and answer questions. His office is small but cheerful and efficient. Patients feel welcome and appreciated. My condition has improved greatly in his care. I would definitely recommend Dr. Greer. He did the most comprehensive eye exam I have ever had.

October 1st, 2009
Outstanding docto
I have been a patient for over 30 years because I always felt Dr. Greer gave very detailed and attentive care. My eyesight has improved greatly under his care and he solved a problem for me that other specialists had failed to address.

July 28th, 2017