Dr. Douglas Gresham MD Patient Reviews

• Endocrinology, Diabetes and Metabolism Savannah, GA

• Good
  • Bad

March 13th, 2017
Diabetis dr where the patiet comes first
This is a Doctor that believes in talking to the patient and takes the time to listen. One who genuinely cares

March 31st, 2016
Does NOT back his patients with MEDICARE. Changes careplan with Medicare provider without discussing with patient. Particularly involving dangerous medical conditions. Old fashioned office. ALL his progress notes hand written. Medicare denies claims bc unable to read progress notes. Won't upgrade office to have electronic documentation. His hand written progress notes are totally illegible. EVERY blood sugar testing supplies order denied by medicare bc of this. I have been warned to find another Doctor if I wanted my diabetes supplies paid. Cognition appears impaired but I'm not a doctor. He is a very Nice man but should retire for safety of his patients.

April 22nd, 2014
Mentially ill recptionist - incompudent - general bafoon ( FAY )
Excellent MD. ,but receptionist, Fay, will go to foolish extremes to prevent any communications about critical matters with Dr. Gresham. She must be mentally ill , because no one that hateful and crude could possibly be in their right mind. She exhibits no respect, what so ever, for any of Dr. Gresham's patrons. She should be fired before she is the cause of some ones death.

May 18th, 2013
VERY RUDE NURSE
I like the doctor. Good bedside manner and does listen. The big problem is his nurse. If you call and explain a proplem and SHE feels you didnt listen to the doctor, she Rudely tells you off. Once I called and told her I needed a new bloodwork order and she got beligerient and said that I recieved ibe when I was there last. I tried to explain that I used that one per his request a couple months back and she didnt believe me. I asked to speak with the doctor. She said there would be a call back but never got one. Had to wait for my appointment to get another one. Recently called to say I wasnt feeling well and tried to explain he mentioned I might have to increase meds but that I asked him if it was possible to wait and see at my next appointment but now I was feeling bad and wanted to see him. She got rude and said I should listen to the doctor. Never got a return call. Too bad we have to go through a rude and ignorant nurse with our concerns.

November 12th, 2012
Needs to fire Fay!!! She will get you sued.
My mother has seen this doctor for years. She is unisured and has ALWAYS paid at the time of service. Her care has recently been Horrible!! Her blood sugar has been running at 550 for two weeks now. She is needing to see her doctor only to be refused repeatedly.Fay will not schedule her a appointment or let her speak to her doctor.Other doctors of hers have even called and let them know it is very important she be seen. She needs to have a hysterectomy done but, her bood suger needs to be under control first. In the time she has been waiting fot her doctor to get back with her she has been hospitalized twice and had to have 2 blood tranfusions. Long story short as my Mother said earlier this doctor will not be there when you need them the most.

September 1st, 2012
Great Doctor
I had gone to the Mayo who noticed I had hypothyroidism. My normal doctor didn't want to send me to an endocrinologist because my levels were only a few points off, but I knew I needed to go because my symptoms were severe. I did have nearly a two month wait for the appt, but it was well worth it. He and his staff had my medical history already and had actually read it. They told me what I had had in the past instead of me having to rattle it all off again. He also was able to determine, from my histories and my symptoms, that I had two other issues, one of which had been misdiagnosed as something less serious by one of my previous doctors. He actually did more for me than that Mayo clinic. I am super thrilled with him.

July 26th, 2011
Wasted my time
Waited a month for my appointment. When finally got to see doctor, found that he definitely did not like that I was an empowered patient. I had put "hyperthyroidism" on the pre-visit info sheet, since I had every - count 'em - EVERY symptom of hyperthyroidism. Doctor, looking at sheet, scowled: "WHO DIAGNOSED THIS???" He said that he would test me for HYPOthyroidism, since my two of my sisters had hypothyroidism. This was not true, was not what I had put on the pre-visit sheet. One sister had hypo-, one sister had hyper-. This was only the beginning of the farce. Dr. Gresham does have a comforting manner which took me in, to my detriment, and when he said that he does his evaluations on Sundays, I was happy, imagining him at home in his study carefully evaluating results and providing a thorough, caring report, thinking that, finally, I would get an official diagnosis of my condition. Never happened. I got nothing for months, had to wrangle with his truly evil staff ( I will spare you the details). When finally managed to wrest something from them, it was a single sheet of paper with lab results and Dr. Gresham's comment that everything looks GREAT!Dr, Gresham was no help at all to me. He left me after three months back where I started. Wasted time.Dr. Gresham is the ONLY endocrinologist in Savannah; may be that accounts for his arrogance. me ideas to get you started:-Write about overall experiences-Write about what you like or dislike about your physician-Write about whether you would recommend-Write as if you are talking to a peer who is asking your opinion

June 15th, 2011
Office staff will be the reason I leave
He's ok....but his absolutely rude office staff and his aibability to pick up the phone and have someone call me to discuss test results, rather than make an appt again to come back in...will be the reason I find another dr.

July 22nd, 2009
Hypothyroidism
Dr. Gresham diagnosed me with hypothyroidism. He spent a lot of time with me explaining what it is. What I did not like is that he looked only at blood results and did not account for how I felt. I was very disappointed that he wouldn't listen to me.

April 21st, 2017