Dr. Douglas Murray MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

3.3

July 13th, 2016
I was very pleased with Dr Murray & Peachtree Ortho. He spent time explaining treatment options and seemed to care if I felt comfortable with the plan. I really appreciate how short the wait time was and I never felt rushed while I was there for a visit. I recieved great follow up care after surgery. I love Dr Murray's nurse too! They make a great team. I will definately recommend Dr Murray to friends & family.

December 4th, 2015
Fair. Nurse is very condescending. Feel like you're asking too much of them. How much does he make anyway? Aren't I the customer??

August 12th, 2015
He never gives is patient audience. I went with bilateral rotator cuff tear. he treated one shoulder which is still paining me and he refused to treat the second and send me back on full duty.

May 16th, 2015
I believe he is a competent dr. He is always in a rush and fails to explain. He lacks communication skills Beware if you are workmans comp he will side with insurance not the patient. I found my aftercare from surgery to be useless....he does not explain ... im not sure if he just assumes people know what to do after surgery ....you have to practically pull answers out of him. Needless to say I was very disappointed with this dr. There has got to be better out there. I would not recommend this dr.

May 3rd, 2015
Sorry behind and don't care about his patients .
Please don't let this doctor operate on no part of you body,you will regret it in the end,because he will leave you with infection ,and you will have to go get fixed by another doctor. He do not want to be a doctor,only doing it because his father want him to. Take your but back to school before you cause some one else a problem that you can't fix,people please run from this idiot.

April 12th, 2013
Terrible doctor.
This doctor was suppose to give me a rotator cuff surgery on my shoulder, and only shaved my bone down . Please do not go to this doctor ,his own staff do not like him and he will take his personal problems out on you, and cause you other health issues. If you use this doctor you will regret it.

September 10th, 2012
treatment
If you are over 40 and do not play sports or if you went to one of his colleagues before him do not use this doctor.. he will hold it against you. For what ever reason most likely the reasons above I could not get aggressive treatment for my shoulder injury. All I got was the run around. He gave me a cortisone injection and led me to believe that it was a definitive treatment. He never explained to me that a cortisone injection (into my shoulder) was a temporary measure for pain and swelling and that it can be detrimental to my health. After 3 or 4 it can cause osteoporosis or increased risk of osteoporosis. He never told me to comeback for a follow up. So here I am a year and 1/2 later still have severe pain in my shoulder on my dominant side. As a RN I really feel bad that a doctor would treat a patient this way.Again if you are over 40 and do not have a sports injury do not go to this doctor.

July 9th, 2012
Review of my shoulder surgery
Dr. Murray is a very caring, personable, and knowledgeable doctor. He shows interest in your concerns and what he can do to ease your pain. He explained everything about my shoulder surgery and what he was going to do to repair it. Then, afterwards he showed me pictures of what he did. I'm very glad and thankful for doctors like that. The hospital also did everything he asked and were extremely caring. I would definately recommend him to anyone needing his care.

April 5th, 2011
Ruptured Tendon Surgery
Performed surgery for ruptured distal bicep tendon. Listened and answered all my questions with thorough explanations and options. Professional with good bedside manner. Highly recommend.