Dr. Douglas Haghighi Is this you?

Pain Minimized

Have you seen Dr. Douglas Haghighi?

Outstanding, Competent & Highly Professional

Posted on June 20th, 2017

When you become a patient of Dr. Haghighi you receive all the information you need to make a decision about your care. He thoroughly explains everything to you before any procedure as well as after the procedure. No question goes unanswered. I highly recommend Dr. Haghighi without reservation.

Posted on June 2nd, 2017

Excellent physician and very cordial.

First time patient for 50 colonoscopy screening

Posted on October 15th, 2016

If you expect a follow-up call after your procedure don't go to this Dr Haghighi. Since this was my first colonoscopy I had no idea I had "excessive looping". This made the procedure extremely painful. I kept telling the doctor how uncomfortable I was-- I've had two natural childbirths so I can tolerate pain. He scoped me 3 times and never once asked if I needed a minute or if I wanted to stop. I was complaining verbally so everyone knew how I was hurting. I had to call the office 2 days later to ask about filing a complaint. Then he called and was very arrogant and unwilling to take any suggestions of how his bedside manner and follow-up could be improved--especially since I apparently was more difficult based on the excessive looping. He's suppose to be the medical expert. I had to google what that meant since NO ONE EVER FOLLOWS UP. I will never go back and plan to relay to as many his poor care.

No hands on- no follow up care

Posted on June 4th, 2016

Never once has called to ck up on patient. Very quick in office, could not diagnos a twisted bowel. Would send to outside office clinic for pain meds, not impressed with gastro knowledge, never to retur n

Mechanic doctor

Posted on May 6th, 2015

this guy is horrible. Didn't even examine me, told me it was all in my head. Turned out I have Crohn's disease. Hope he loses his license

No Good

Posted on March 21st, 2015

I was seen only for less than 3 minutes and charge me $582 for a my visit. He not even ask me how I feel, he only looked at the medical records my family doctor send him. And said I will schedule you for a colonoscopy. That's all... Just that $582 charge!!!!! It feels like I am being rob!!!

New Barrett's patient

Posted on September 3rd, 2012

Dr. Haghighi madea good decision to send my biopsies done elsewhere to top GIT pathologists at the Cleveland Institute. Other doctors wanted to do ablation based on one pathologist's opinion - not what literature recommends.

Caring Manner

I advise everyone not to schedule with this Dr. Wait for one of the others if you can.

Posted on July 20th, 2012

Nothing against the other Docs at this office. Unfortunately you can't ever get in to see the good ones. I have several complaints....(1) Everything you say flies right over his head. If you get the report from the office visit (I recommend you do)and the colonoscopy or procedure report you will read inaccurate information regarding your visit with him. He barelt touched me during his exam. While listening to my lungs the stethescope was on my body for one second each area he moved it to. So actually he didn't listen to my lungs. So why even bother to attempt it, you know? (2) I have chronic constipation. Like I won't go for a week unless I take dynamite. I recently had a large amount of blood in my stools and abdominal(not rectal)pain. So to prep me for a colonoscopy he gives me the instructions for the usual prep which starts the day before the procedure (consisting of 2 huge bottles of gatorade, 2 dulcolax, and a whole large bottle of MIRALAX)...now if a person doesnt go for over four days how are they going to be completely cleaned out and ready for the scope? I wasn't so during the scope my bowels were spasaming and they had to do a lot of suctioning. It sucked, literally! So, basically they couldn't view the entire colon, then I was made to feel that I didn't prep good enough. Instead of him saying next time we should do the two or three day fast, but instead he says "Well, at least we know what works" If you have a colonoscopy at a day surgery facility it will cost around $9,000 till all is said and done. Plus his fees at his office. Which are around $300 just for him to sit there and pretend you are important. Don't waste your time or money on this Dr.

Pain Minimized

Not returning

Posted on August 1st, 2011

First went to this doctor on a referral. He seemed to care and listen. Based on symptoms scheduled an upper scope. Said colonoscopy was not indicated and could be done later as screening. On day of scope before he even gets in the room tried to schedule colonoscopy! After all tests come back negative I send info about symptoms, how and where pain starts and progresses. He refuses to acknowledge and won't discuss anything until colonoscopy. I refuse to get knocked out and he gets mad. As soon as test is done and all is normal he tries to schedule another test. This guy is just looking to make money. Stay clear of him till his money problems straighten out.

Posted on June 23rd, 2011

Thank you!

Excellent Physician

Posted on March 4th, 2011

Dr. Haghighi is not part of the "amke them wait and get them out quickly" mentality.

Posted on July 16th, 2008

Dr. Haghighi is very caring and genuinely listens to his patients. He does his research when making diagnoses based on symptoms and health history.