Internist, Gastroenterologist (digestive)

Patient Reviews ? Write a Review

3.0

|  New Barrett's patient  |  show details
Sep 2nd, 2012

Dr. Haghighi madea good decision to send my biopsies done elsewhere to top GIT pathologists at the Cleveland Institute. Other doctors wanted to do ablation based on one pathologist's opinion - not what literature recommends.

|  I advise everyone not to schedule with this Dr. Wait for one of the others if you can.  |  show details
Jul 20th, 2012

Nothing against the other Docs at this office. Unfortunately you can't ever get in to see the good ones. I have several complaints....(1) Everything you say flies right over his head. If you get the report from the office visit (I recommend you do)and the colonoscopy or procedure report you will read inaccurate information regarding your visit with him. He barelt touched me during his exam. While listening to my lungs the stethescope was on my body for one second each area he moved it to. So actually he didn't listen to my lungs. So why even bother to attempt it, you know? (2) I have chronic constipation. Like I won't go for a week unless I take dynamite. I recently had a large amount of blood in my stools and abdominal(not rectal)pain. So to prep me for a colonoscopy he gives me the instructions for the usual prep which starts the day before the procedure (consisting of 2 huge bottles of gatorade, 2 dulcolax, and a whole large bottle of MIRALAX)...now if a person doesnt go for over four days how are they going to be completely cleaned out and ready for the scope? I wasn't so during the scope my bowels were spasaming and they had to do a lot of suctioning. It sucked, literally! So, basically they couldn't view the entire colon, then I was made to feel that I didn't prep good enough. Instead of him saying next time we should do the two or three day fast, but instead he says "Well, at least we know what works" If you have a colonoscopy at a day surgery facility it will cost around $9,000 till all is said and done. Plus his fees at his office. Which are around $300 just for him to sit there and pretend you are important. Don't waste your time or money on this Dr.

|  Not returning  |  show details
Aug 1st, 2011

First went to this doctor on a referral. He seemed to care and listen. Based on symptoms scheduled an upper scope. Said colonoscopy was not indicated and could be done later as screening. On day of scope before he even gets in the room tried to schedule colonoscopy! After all tests come back negative I send info about symptoms, how and where pain starts and progresses. He refuses to acknowledge and won't discuss anything until colonoscopy. I refuse to get knocked out and he gets mad. As soon as test is done and all is normal he tries to schedule another test. This guy is just looking to make money. Stay clear of him till his money problems straighten out.

|  show details
Jun 23rd, 2011

Thank you!

|  Dr. Haghighi is not part of the "amke them wait and get them out quickly" mentality.  |  show details
Jul 15th, 2008

Dr. Haghighi is very caring and genuinely listens to his patients. He does his research when making diagnoses based on symptoms and health history.