Dr. Douglas Harkins Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Douglas Harkins?

6 Ratings with 1 Comment

April 16th, 2008

Hospital Visit

Dr. Harkins is my cardiac specialist and regulates my medications with blood work. When very ill, called for an appointment, was told to go see primary physician for a work up and submit a referal. I was unable to obtain a physician that day, however I did see a nurse pract. When I visited his office, He had to help me to the car, and instructed me to go to the nearest hospital stat. I went to River Oaks hospital where I received multiple infusions of blood and was a patient for 5 days. During all of this time, Dr. Harkins did not visit at any time. The discharge paper stated for me to see Dr. Harkins on the day I was discharged. When I contacted his office, I was given an appointment for the following month. This is not a doctor to rely on in an emergency.

April 6th, 2017