Dr. Douglas Held MD Patient Reviews

3.1

• Good
  • Bad

July 27th, 2017
Dr Douglas Held performed two different surgeries for me, one was an abdominal obstruction and the second one was a hernia; I had excellent outcomes both times. He is professional, caring, kind, and makes one feel calm during very emotionally stressful times. I highly recommend him and feel lucky and very fortunate that he was my surgeon and will always be my surgeon.

April 17th, 2017
Dr Held is the best surgeon.
I've had two surgeries by Dr Douglas Held and I've had a wonderful and positive experience both times. He's dedicated, knowledgeable, proficient, and kind. I highly recommend him.

March 29th, 2016
Patient
Dr. Held and his PA Andrew are wonderful. They explained the gallbladder surgery and answered all questions I had. They were both waiting for me in recovery and were very kind and professional and answered all questions and concerns that my family had. I highly recommend them both.

October 30th, 2015
Happy Patient
I cannot say enough good things about Dr. Held. He is a gentleman and clearly explained his diagnosis and treatment options with his recommendation. I had a very painful condition and his confidence reassured me as I waited fir my procedure. I did some peer reviewed credible research and learned revovery and pain after my procedure can be up to 2 weeks. Well I was back at work the day after my procedure completely pain free. Dr. Held is regarded by many in the health care field as "the Surgeon I would have operate on me" I believe there is no greater recommendation than that!

May 22nd, 2015
Dr. Held was recommended to me by my Primary Care Doctor ten years ago when I needed to have my gall bladder removed. I chose him because he was recommended and was affiliated with LIJ Hospital. I found him cold and uncaring, but just because someone is not likeable does not mean he cannot be trusted as a surgeon. I should have followed my instincts. The surgery appeared to be successful. He did not see me after it was over nor did he visit the next day. His colleague came to visit before my release and I actually had to ask for a pain medication prescription. He did not prescribe any antibiotics. Other people in my family have had this procedure and all were given both pain and antibiotics. Four days later I was ready to take a shower for the first time since the surgery and discovered a huge gap in my navel. The opening hadn't been stitched properly. When I saw him he prescribed antibiotics and stuffed gauze in the opening. Several days later it was worse and the smell was horrible. This weasel finally realized the seriousness of the problem and basically performed a minor procedure in his office. He then informed me I had to have a visting nurse come once a day to remove the stuffing and clean and bandage the area. Insurance partially covered the cost , but ultimately I paid $500 out of my pocket. His office even sent a bill for a $20 copay because he submitted the office procedure as an in-office procedure. I do not care how many successful surgeries he has performed I would never recommend him and would strongly advise people to choose another surgeon.

June 27th, 2011
Physican of highest quality, experience, knowledge and compassion. Office staff is professional and caring. Everyone is greeted with a smile.

June 22nd, 2011
i almost died
he operated on me for diverticultis and 10 days later after they sent me home his stitches came loose and i wound up with a colostomy bag at another hospital. One surgery turned into 3 and i lost 6 months of my life,i willnever be the same again,,thank you dr, held

June 5th, 2017