inactive

Douglas A Henning MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

March 10th, 2016
I've been seeing Dr. Henning for years. His nursing staff is excellent.

March 13th, 2015
Always competent and attentive. Dr. Henning is a very good pediatrician that we have been happy with for over 10 years of treating our daughters.

February 27th, 2015
Great doctor!
This is our first child and Dr. Henning has been very helpful every step of the way. He visited out child every day we were in the hospital. He types up everything he tells us and always gives us info to review at home. We love Dr. Henning!

September 4th, 2013
Finding a new dr ASAP
Very sarcastic and arrogant. Quick to write a prescription. Seems like a total know it all. Not very friendly or warm with my kids at all. They do not like him. I get most helpful info from the nurses.

June 29th, 2013
Excellent Pediatrician and staff!!
Dr. Henning has been my 2 sons pediatrician for 8 years. My youngest son was diagnosed as asthmatic and I have NEVER had a problem getting him in to see Dr. Henning when I have a problem. His staff is absolutely wonderful , polite, professional and funny. He notes everything, which I like because I always have a full explanation of what was done and what I need to do, if I forget. Dr. Henning is good with my kids and they never dread going there...even if shots are involved. I would, and have, paid out of pocket to have Dr. Henning as my pediatrician and would recommend him to friends and family in a heartbeat.

May 6th, 2013
Has a great nurse but DR is a know it all
He is a very knowledgable pediatrician. He spends quite a long time with each patient. One of the reviews mentioned that he typed too much. He does seem to note everything that is said. What he says in the conversation that is anyway, very completely. Like a CYA thing. With having more than one child I have seen my share of peds. He is good at what he does and tries to explain in detail. Unfortunately he comes off as a opinionated know it all. REASON FOR THIS REVIEW. Recently my very young child ended up in the ER, on a Friday early afternoon and the attending ER DR wasn't able to get a hold of him. In fact he was given a rather " frivolous" excuse from his office as to why Henning wouldn't return the call personally and the ER was referred to an on call PA. The look on the ER DR's face was all I needed to see, not that he said anything to me directly. But I was in the room during the call back from Hennings office and over heard the ER DR say " does Dr Henning realize he has a child in the ER trama unit? " The injury was quite intense and my child ended up having over a three hour surgery to help correct it. We have a long road ahead of us including a plastic surgeon more than likely. I will be looking for a new pediatrician. My husband has been telling me to do this for a year now. But his nurse is just so sweet I was reluctant. I hope this helps. YES He knows his stuff and my children trust him but ...

January 26th, 2012
Too much time typing
Nice interaction with the kids but seems obstinate about diagnoses and also spends most of the time typing.

March 10th, 2011
Smarter than You and Anyone Else
I chose Dr. Henning because the majority of reviews I read were favorable, he was located close to home, and he has good credentials. Unfortunately, after repeated attempts to treat my child, he never managed to adequately treat the illness. This went on for weeks. I requested specialist referrals, but he always had something else in mind. Finally, I had to find a new doctor. I had completely lost faith. It is not that I don't think Dr. Henning is smart. I think he is, but I also perceive him as stubborn. There comes a point when a physician should say, "I've done everything I can. It's time to get a Specialist's opinion" and Dr. Henning is not that guy.