Dr. Douglas Hiltz MD Patient Reviews

• Good
  • Bad

July 3rd, 2016
One of Southport's WORST
I would give him no stars whatsoever. This jerk thinks just because he went to medical school that he can play God for a living. I was bit by a very poisonous spider and he got pissy saying that there are non in NC. Told me he did a whole study on them. With his snotty attitude, he told me to google it and once I was able to prove him wrong, he replies 'I have nothing to say to you' while rolling his eyes & many more rude comments. You don't treat patients like dirt. Or at least you won't to me because I will set you straight. I mean, did he really go to medical school or print a fake degree of the Internet? He can kiss my a$$ and can't wait to speak with his supervisor. That has to be one of the worst doctors I have encountered in the Southport area. He needs to pick a different career path because he is clueless.

June 8th, 2016
I would highly recommend Dr. Hiltz to anyone seeking a personal physician however, he definitely needs a new receptionist. I have found her to be very rude and unprofessional..

November 16th, 2015
Dr. Hiltz treats wholistically - listens, observes, takes time to know his patients. We appreciate his holistic approach to medicine.

October 11th, 2015
Doctor Hiltz has been my physician for four years. I can always count on him and his staff to be helpful, informative and always courteous

April 16th, 2015
Dr. Hiltz is the best doctor I have ever had.

January 30th, 2014
Never go back
Although Dr Hiltz is a very pleasant man I will never go back. My last visit was a yearly physical. He never touched me or came closer than 4 feet from me. He prescribled an antibiotic for an infected tear duct. He never looked at it and it was not an infected tear duct. It was just a stye. I went to pick up my blood pressure meds and he prescribled the wrong med and the wrong dose. I asked why my pain reliever said DR after it. He said that was a trick by the drug stores switching things. WHen I questioned the drug store they showed me his prescription with DR on it for delayed release. ????? I have never had a yearly physical sitting in a chair, fully clothed 4 feet from the doctor. What kind of medicine is this? I know Medicare pays very little but I expect at least the minimum.

September 16th, 2013
I have been a patient of Dr. Hiltz for many years. Finding a new doctor, upon moving to Boiling Springs, was foremost. I was accepted into a professional, friendly, and exceptionally well run practice. His staff is caring, compassionate, and knowledgeable. I have always been seen promptly when an emergency has arisen. Dr. Hiltz takes a personal interest in my health care, and I feel that I am in competent hands.

March 25th, 2013
I am a fairly new patient of Dr. Hiltz. When we relocated to this area our largest concern was finding a physician that was as knowlegable and as thourough as our doctor from home. Dr. Hiltz has far exceeded out expectations, in fact we feel we are in better hands now than before. His staff is always friendly and make us feel like we are family.

January 30th, 2012
Never had an experience like this place
This is the first time i went to this dr and was offically fired and told to not return and find a new doctor. The lab Tech. gave me a dossage amount which is much more than i normally take so i wanted to double check and the lab tech had a poor attitude and thought i was underminding her ability. When the doctor came in he told me something completly different and when i asked why there was a discrepancy, as he walked out he said you can find a new doctor you are not welcome back....i am so shocked that this happened to my elderly mother...

May 20th, 2011
good doctor - terrible staff
Dr Hiltz is professional and provides good treatment. Unfortunately, his staff is uncooperative and lacking in customer service which makes the patient feel underconfident in the care they are receiving. Staff will not allow patients to communicate with Dr. Hiltz by telephone to express their dissatisfaction.If Dr Hiltz loses patients, it is due to his incompetent staff. Either Dr. Hiltz is unaware of this problem or does not care that his staff is ruining his reputation and forcing his patients to find healthcare elsewhere.

December 12th, 2010
Thorough, attentive, professional care.
Very efficient, professional staff. Dr. Hiltz is great. His analysis of my blood work recognized an elevated PSA score which lead to a diagnosis of prostate cancer. Treatment was performed and I am cancer free.

August 26th, 2010
Thorough, smart. Am in good hands.
Very thorough. My healthcare is in good hands with him at the helm.