Dr. Douglas Hutcheson MD Patient Reviews

• Obstetrics and Gynecology Mechanicsville, VA

no change

March 17th, 2014
Mom
18 years ago I had a pinhole leak and Dr. Hutcheson was on call. I was seeing another doctor at the time but he was excellent He admitted me and took measures to keep me from going into full labor for about 2 weeks and he then delivered my son and took extra measures to ensure my sons health. During the time before my sons birth he explained everything that was going to happen and what could happen. He did everything to make sure my son would not come too early and the care I received was the best. My son just had his 18th birthday. Thanks Dr. Hutcheson!

July 7th, 2010
Bedside manner
I am a new patient of Dr. Hutcheson's. I came to him initially for a second opinion and to take over my care. Referred by a good friend of mine who has been treating with him for years and loves him. Recently, I came to his office with a problem I felt may be a side effect to medication he put me on for another condition. Never once did he ask any questions about my recent problem, only gave me a speech unrelated to the current problem, offered a blood test and basically washed his hands of it. To me this shows that he really didn't care why I had come into the office to begin with. I thought doctor's were supposed to at least "act" like they care about their patient's physical problems. Ask a few questions about your problems and then send to to another specialist if need be. Am I expecting too much?